SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Beetlejuice Beetlejuice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
I just saw a TV commercial advertising a new Beetlejuice movie -- IMDB link

"After a family tragedy, three generations of the Deetz family return home to Winter River. Still haunted by Beetlejuice, Lydia's life is turned upside down when her teenage daughter, Astrid, accidentally opens the portal to the Afterlife."

I've got to say, I'm a little excited about it. Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13850 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
That's the spirit!

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17536 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I did see the preview when I took the kids to see a movie. I was surprised they’re bringing back a few or the original cast, seemed like it’ll be cool. I’m not even sure I’ve ever just sat down and actually watched the original, but I’ve basically seen it I think… If my boys watch the original and like it maybe we will go catch this in theaters. Not sure if they’re bring Alec Baldwin back for this one Razz

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2540 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to it.
Not one I’ll see in the theater but will certainly stream it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25661 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
That's the spirit!

(Snicker!) I see what you did there. Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13850 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Didn't realize Monica Bellucci was among the cast:

Posts: 11412 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Didn't realize Monica Bellucci was among the cast:

lovely woman, she is

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10564 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
* Now Baldwin free

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55161 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Even better! Big Grin

God bless America.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Tim Burton has said that the reason Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis are not in the sequel is that he wanted the movie to be about the three generations of women: mother Delia, daughter Lydia, and Lydia's own daughter Astrid.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16867 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Spanish translations are usually awful but in this case it’s way past revolting

Bitelchuís, bitelchuís

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12258 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Just saw Beetlejuice 2 (see what I did there?) Wow, what a fun movie. Like a roller coaster version of the original. Tim Burton seemed to have no limits to the production budget or his imagination. The more complex plot pulled in more weird characters, and you're never quite sure who's good or bad, or both.

Great acting all around, but I give the most credit to newcomer Jenna Ortega as Lydia's semi-estranged daughter. Her sarcastic non-believer till-the-end character grounded the film's overall paranormal craziness. And damn she's cute.

The Maitlands are never missed. The generational triad's story has more than enough meat on it. Plot twists are abundant, but never to the point of becoming monotonous.

And finally, the new theme song is ʞɹɐԀ ɹnɥʇɹ∀ɔɐW.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16867 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
<<snip>>
Great acting all around, but I give the most credit to newcomer Jenna Ortega as Lydia's semi-estranged daughter. Her sarcastic non-believer till-the-end character grounded the film's overall paranormal craziness. And damn she's cute.
<<snip>>

You need to watch her in "Wednesday" then (it's streaming on NetFlix). Her dead-pan dry humor and unblinking expressions are a riot! Yes, you read that right, she never blinks throughout the entire show (something she ad-libbed and the director loved it). And yes, she IS damn cute!!!

Posts: 4771 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
If they do a 3/three/BeetlejuiceBeetlejuiceBe.....

Well, if they do are we all screwed?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12661 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Wife and I watched the original the other night so when this hits streaming we are back up to speed since it has been probably 30 years since I watched the original.

Wow, what a different movie it is watching it as an adult. So much of the dark adult humor just flies over you as a kid that just sees Beetlejuice as a goofy dead guy.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25661 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post