SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Best Bond song...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Bond song... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
You Only Live Twice, Nancy Sinatra.

Posts: 775 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
While not a theme; my favorite is Louis Armstrong's "We've Got All Time In The World" from "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (Dianna Rigg in her prime, need I say more?")

A big +1. John Barry was a stone-ass genius!

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hume:

Another Barry-original! Quintessential Bond-movie song. Just hearing-it, conjures up the 1960's.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I would give my vote to Adele's, Skyfall for the best modern-era Bond theme song.

Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
For Your Eyes Only.

I had a thing for Sheena Easton.

Me too. And I liked the song the best.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Goldfinger

Hard to forget Pussy Galore

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3793 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I definitely prefer the original. That guitar riff...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I thought Skyfall was very good. Had a lot of "Bondness" type vibe to it

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goldfinger.

Posts: 2694 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
Another vote for the original theme, followed by Love and Let Die.

That, exactly. Followed by You Only Live Twice and For Your Eyes Only.

Posts: 7271 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:
quote:

Quintessential Bond-movie song. Just hearing-it, conjures up the 1960's.

Yep. Nancy hit the ball out of the park.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
The Living Daylights by A-ha but view to a kill, and for your eyes only are great too.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1288 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Goldfinger by Shirley Bassey or Golden Eye by Tina Turner.

Posts: 6626 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
The Living Daylights by A-ha but view to a kill, and for your eyes only are great too.

Ah, that's right.

Pretenders did "Where has everybody gone." I got this song and the title track mixed up. I had the soundtrack on Tape AND CD. Good tunes.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21850 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
The theme music (all instrumental, no lyrics) to "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" is a favorite of mine.

For an actual song, "Goldfinger" and "Skyfall" are my picks.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6695 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
for your eyes only and diamonds are forever are my favorites. garbage's the world is not enough is pretty good, as well.

I mean, obviously, the goldfinger theme and live and let die are pretty iconic. hard to knock them off the top of any list.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10492 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poacher:
Nobody Does it Better, Carly Simon

I like Carly Simon, and I agree. But it isn't very Bond-like - I just like the song.

I like the original theme for Bond flavored music. I loved how they didn't use it until almost the end of the first Daniel Craig Bond film - after the film established his essential nature. Very effective.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKysEIVJfBs

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Live and Let Die would be my first choice with For Your Eyes Only being a really close second

as far as I know, L&LD is the only Bond theme song that gets played regularly at concerts...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53205 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:

Without a doubt, my favorite.

Posts: 7266 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I thought the best theme of Bondesque shows was "Secret Agent Man".

Posts: 18079 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post