SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "What's My Line." Tv show (youtube)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"What's My Line." Tv show (youtube) Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
Well it seems I've been binge watching "What's My Line" for the last 24 hours. I don't know how it happened, a curiosity click and down the rabbit hole I went. And I'm enjoying the heck out of it! Simple enjoyable fun, I can see why it was on so long. (Plus getting to see all these old Movie and Tv stars as guests. (right now I'm watching the March 8,1953 episode, Jackie Gleason as the mystery guest))

Funny thing is the prizes. People traveled across the country for a chance to win as much as $50! Big Grin

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Great show. I think my favorite episode was with Natalie Wood.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well it seems I've been binge watching "What's My Line" for the last 24 hours.

i did the same thing a month or so ago. That show had pretty much every major celebrity on as a mystery guest.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Natalie Wood what a tragic life. Remember when Splendor in the Grass came out. Considered risque by the standards at the time.

Posts: 17224 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Zappa is always interesting.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
WOW. Times have changed. Listen to this live read during the closing credits. You wouldn't hear this today. (Start at the 28:18 mark)

https://youtu.be/5fOxxRX2bfE?t=1698

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember that and how much I hated the Communists. Had relatives behind the Iron Curtain in those days. Hungary, Czechkoslakia followed and then Nikita pounding his shoe announcing " We will bury you." The Berlin wall followed later. Communists continue to be a problem.

Posts: 17224 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I got confused. I thought this was about "Whose line is it anyway." I can enjoy that to a degree but, sometimes, I can't believe it's all ad lib.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Listen to this live read during the closing credits. You wouldn't hear this today. (Start at the 28:18 mark)

posted Hide Post
I always thought it was fixed, being able to guess someone's identity with 4-5 questions.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Other than someone famous whom they knew was in town and recognized a voice or some such, I haven't seen it.