SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Recolections of a movie I saw as a child. (name the movie)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recolections of a movie I saw as a child. (name the movie) Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
A conversation at work today reminded me of a movie I saw as a kid. It could have been anywhere from maybe '74 to '80 plus?

It's all very vague. The only thing I remember from the movie was the main character had a car (used in demolition derby IIRC) that he'd mounted a section of I-beam or railroad track in the car. He pushed the lever and it would come shooting/sticking out the front of the car(?) Pulled it and it jabbed out the back. (the fact that the engine and drivetrain would be in the way didn't seem to bother me as a kid.)

I don't know if this was some small unimportant scene in the movie or it it was a large part of the story line. It just came to me today for the first time in decades. Wondering if it sounded familiar to anyone.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Nicely done. I'm shocked I never ran into it again in the last forty some odd years.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I remember that movie - EVERYTIME I watch a demolition derby!! Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I had never seen it before, but since quarantine hit last year, I was making it a point to watch every single driving and road movie I could. I was creating a ranked list on the film social media site Letterboxd as my quarantine movie project. (Last week, I busted 700 movies on my list.) I caught Last American Hero last November. I thought that scene with the demolition derby sounded really familiar.

If you're curious, here's my driving movie list. (Hit the orange "read notes" tab next to the title for vehicle trivia.)

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post