SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Quigley Down Under is free on YouTube right now.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quigley Down Under is free on YouTube right now. Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted
I watched it and glad I did. I hadn't seen it in 20+ years and forgot how good it was.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have it on Blu Ray and yes, it is a very good movie.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17146 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I can't count the times people have asked me if I had seen this movie. I guess it must be mandatory if you have the same last name.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4031 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Well? Have you?

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1735 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... what a great movie, location and story.

Selleck, Laura San Giacomo, and Rickman characters are all enjoyable.

For most of the production locations, I have been to and know.

Film captures it well, watch on a big TV.

Smile

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, very enjoyable flick. I have it on DVD and watch it periodically. Good acting all around, but I think Rickman steals the show. And the shootout scene is one of my all-time favorite scenes in a Western.

Posts: 2709 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
it's also free on vudu.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigCity:
Well? Have you?

Years ago. Not recently.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4031 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems to be on one or another of my cable channels about three times a week.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Said I didn't have much use for 'em, never said I didn't know how to use 'em.

Posts: 13860 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
An experimental weapon with experimental ammunition.

Let's experiment.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34381 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
An experimental weapon with experimental ammunition.

Let's experiment.

It's an actual rifle built by Sharps just for the movie and given to Tom Selleck to keep at the end of shooting the movie. They only made a few of them.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just imagine, a 500 gr. Bullet going 1500 f.ps. :0

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55165 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
It's an actual rifle built by Sharps just for the movie and given to Tom Selleck to keep at the end of shooting the movie. They only made a few of them.

Jim

I believe Selleck's rifle is in the NRA Museum. There is a gallery dedicated to "Hollywood" guns.

Posts: 9245 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

I believe Selleck's rifle is in the NRA Museum. There is a gallery dedicated to "Hollywood" guns.

I knew it went to a museum, I just didn't know which one. I don't think I'd enjoy shooting it but sure would like to handle it. I don't like the recoil of my Marlin 45-70 with heavy loads. I can imagine what a 45-110 would be like. Eek

Jim

posted Hide Post
https://www.shootersforum.com/...y-45-110-sharps.html

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55165 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Just watched again last night. Second time in 2 weeks. Hadn’t watched it in 20yrs.
At the credits at the end it states, his rifle was made by Shiloh in Montana. From what I read Tom Selleck has all three that were made. One was an extra, one for closeups, and one that was made with an aluminum barrel for weight reduction in the action shots. After the movie production ended, Selleck sent all three back to Shiloh for reconditioning. Including replacing the barrel on the aluminum to a real barrel. At least that’s what I read on the afore mentioned Shooters forum.

Posts: 11155 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post