Better Call Saul - Season 6 Discussion WARNING...**SPOILERS MAY BE DISCUSSED**

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/9500075194

August 02, 2022, 12:46 PM
hjs157
Better Call Saul - Season 6 Discussion WARNING...**SPOILERS MAY BE DISCUSSED**
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:
So did everyone recognize the actress who plays the character Marion? It's Carol Burnett!

Nope. And I even knew she was going to make an appearance.
August 02, 2022, 03:26 PM
jhe888
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
quote:
So did everyone recognize the actress who plays the character Marion? It's Carol Burnett!

Nope. And I even knew she was going to make an appearance.

Of course I recognized her, but I am that old. She is good in the part.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
August 02, 2022, 06:33 PM
erj_pilot
quote:
So did everyone recognize the actress who plays the character Marion?
It took me about a minute to fully analyze her and convince myself it was Ms. Burnett. I bet she LOVED doing this part... Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
August 03, 2022, 06:15 PM
erj_pilot
Interesting reaction from Saul/Jimmy when trying to contact Kim in Florida. My gut tells me whoever he was speaking with broke the news that she is dead/had been killed.

Only 2 episodes remaining...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
August 04, 2022, 09:06 PM
radioman
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Interesting reaction from Saul/Jimmy when trying to contact Kim in Florida. My gut tells me whoever he was speaking with broke the news that she is dead/had been killed.

but why so much yelling if that were the case?

I think next week we learn Gene/Saul/Jimmy's fate. I don't think it's going to be good.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
August 06, 2022, 10:09 AM
AUTiger89
That was my thought as well.

quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Only 2 episodes remaining...

Phone's ringing, Dude.
August 09, 2022, 07:13 AM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I always said that Kim had EMPATHY for others and a conscience, while Jimmy had none. At least the writers agree with me. She is no femme fatale as some have suggested.

I thought the writers did an excellent job contrasting her former life with her life at Palm Coast Sprinkler. It was amazing how well she was able to adapt to a lower middle class lifestyle and work environment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ZSMICHAEL,
August 09, 2022, 10:50 AM
jhe888
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I always said that Kim had EMPATHY for others and a conscience, while Jimmy had none. At least the writers agree with me. She is no femme fatale as some have suggested.

I thought the writers did an excellent job contrasting her former life with her life at Palm Coast Sprinkler. It was amazing how well she was able to adapt to a lower middle class lifestyle and work environment.

Adapt - yes. Be happy? No. Kim is clearly miserable. It could be for a lot of reasons. She clearly has some guilt. She could be upset about the quality of her life. But I think it is more that she is living a flat, boring, unexciting life. Look at the imagery - she is dressed like a frumpy hausfrau, her hair is mousey brown and just lays there, she is surrounded at work by people whose biggest thrill is the birthday party, and her husband is a drab watcher of reality TV. At the Albuquerque courthouse she was clearly jealous of those still in the game. Kim was empathetic (she didn't have to go back to Mrs. Hamlin), but she still loved the thrill.

Jimmy may have a conscience, but he has squashed it for so long he may as well not have one.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
August 09, 2022, 11:47 AM
ZSMICHAEL
^^^^^^^^^^
I did not mean to suggest that she enjoyed her time, but was able to adapt however miserable she was. Most successful middle class people do not have the skills or ability to function in that environment. I think her friends thought she was happy. It was a nice slam on FSU which I enjoyed.
August 09, 2022, 11:56 AM
83v45magna
So the next one is the last one. I am still watching and anxious to see how it all ends. So far I am sort of non plussed. It looks like they are going to need to act pretty quickly in the series finale to bring anything in the way of resolution.

I agree with jhe, Kim didn't like what she had become and was probably pretty scared of what was next so she left. She left literally everything behind her. She seems pretty focused on achieving a reckoning to allow her to live with herself and her past to allow for a better future.

Kim's commitment actually gave Saul a moral compass at first. He actually believed that that he could be a better person (if only a little) because of her. But each of them devolved together, but at different rates. When she left, it clearly embittered him and without Kim as a stabilizer, it pushed the humanity he had achieved down so far inside that most would never suspect it was ever there.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11
August 09, 2022, 09:42 PM
NavyGuy
Saul just can't keep from stepping in shit. It's not going to end pretty for him. I don't think Kim will go to jail, but I can't see her returning to the life she left in Florida. Maybe if she does go to jail, she'll become a jailhouse layer and get some fulfillment there helping the other inmates fight for their freedom.

Let me add to this, I DO NOT WANT another series based on this premise. Maybe a quick flash forward where she's in her prison jump suit, counseling an inmate who is in for simple MJ possession. That would be cool, but end it there. Kind of the same deal with Saul going in, although I think he'd piss people off and get the shit kicked out of him and become someone's bitch. Flash back to Jesse's favorite catchphrase.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NavyGuy,

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
August 09, 2022, 10:48 PM
Ripley
^^^^

I was going to guess Jimmy goes to prison and becomes king of the hill because of his valuable legal knowledge, Goodman's Inferno.

After watching Vince Gilligan on Talking Saul (or whatever it was called), it seems things may more melodramatic, Jimmy dies or **shudder** another season is presaged.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
August 10, 2022, 08:01 AM
ElToro
2nd to last episode got dark. Gene looked like he was gonna whack Marion. Wow.

Shout out to Duke’s mayonnaise. I grew up on the west coast with no idea what it is. Wife’s grandmother spent her life in the south and only used it so wife loves it since she had it often. In the last few years wife started buying it on Amazon and it’s all we use now that we live in FL. Highly recommended if you can source some.
August 10, 2022, 08:51 AM
urbanwarrior238
My $$ is on Saul being the only one of the entire gang who gets arrested and goes to prison and they make that a point to show he was the only one arrested. Wife thinks he is going to be killed off. I think killing him is to melodramatic for how this BD/BCS series created characters.

Tune in next week!

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member
August 10, 2022, 09:46 AM
ZSMICHAEL
I am just hoping there is no Hollywood ending. Life is just not like that. The happy ending would be a major disappointment.
August 10, 2022, 09:47 AM
radioman
I found myself hoping Gene would be killed off by homeowner during the home invasion robbery.

didn't happen.

Loved Jimmy
Tolerated Saul
Hated Gene / Viktor

Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
August 10, 2022, 05:18 PM
NavyGuy
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I found myself hoping Gene would be killed off by homeowner during the home invasion robbery.

didn't happen.

Loved Jimmy
Tolerated Saul
Hated Gene / Viktor

Smile

Yeah, he was pushing it when he came in based on the time the drugs would be effective. He pulled it off, but no, he couldn't resist looking for loot. A side note, that watch winder was pretty cool.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
August 10, 2022, 06:01 PM
jhe888
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I am just hoping there is no Hollywood ending. Life is just not like that. The happy ending would be a major disappointment.

I don't see Jimmy/Saul/Gene with a happy ending. He has dug the hole too deep, and doesn't have the skills to stop digging. He had a chance after he escaped Chuck's oppression, but squandered it.

Kim might escape to be content or mostly at peace. Maybe even with a modicum of happiness. But maybe not. She isn't getting her law license back, at least not if they are realistic about the chance of reinstatement of someone confessing to what she has confessed to.

August 10, 2022, 07:24 PM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:
I don't see Jimmy/Saul/Gene with a happy ending

Good. I like film noir endings. Odenkirk did say that there have been many guesses as to the ending of the show and one was correct.
August 11, 2022, 03:43 PM
83v45magna
This is a pretty accurate and concise analysis of the last episode that may clear up any ambiguities. It also has a couple of easter eggs to point out (I missed the one about the desk).: