SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I was thinking of Carl Perkins
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was thinking of Carl Perkins Login/Join 
posted
And came across this video. [/FLASH_[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/x_T8mRnqCwEVIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That's a good one!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes on a good one. That’s a ton of talent on stage.

Dave Edmunds, George (the quiet Beatle) Harrison, Eric Clapton, Roseann Cash, Ringo and the Stray Cats minus Brian Seltzer. About the 20 second mark, Edmunds looks at George and says “WOW”. George is like a little kid on Christmas, Perkins was his hero & he’s all smiles, even requests they do on more song!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When music was music...That's what I'm talking about!

Thanks for sharing that find.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Ol' Georgie getting down with some Gretchabilly!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
My first thoughts when I saw your thread topic was that guy R.L. Perkins from the Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom animal show Razz

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins & his faithful manservant, Jim Fowler.

[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/zGMf4QQdI9c [/FLASH_VIDEO]

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
My first thoughts when I saw your thread topic was that guy R.L. Perkins from the Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom animal show Razz

That was Marlin Perkins...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Yea, it was Richard Marlin Perkins, a mistype on the middle initial, thanks for the correction SM. At my last job we used to joke about imitating that show on-camera " yea, he's in the croc's jaws now spinning around, we'll catch his comments on the next quick rotation! I see that he might be going for the spin record this time folks!" Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
That was terrific. It really looked like Harrison was having a blast.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
And Ringo too!

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post