SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars Solo Spoiler thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Solo Spoiler thread Login/Join 
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Saw it with the family and thoroughly enjoyed myself, as did the rest of the family. Not a perfect movie, but solid and had a lot of what I like about Star Wars. Most importantly to me: Han...shot...first. As it should be! Almost makes up for what Lucas did to the cantina scene. My kids like the cartoons, so Maul wasn’t all that jarring to me. Donald Glover made me want to see Lando get his own movie.

Also, I saw a pretty good video on YouTube with some of the cast. It was one of those ‘cast of the movie asks top google suggestions’ things with Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clark, and the guy who does Chewie now. That tall guy does an AMAZING Chewbacca voice in real life. Woody seemed a little drunk, but overall it was pretty hilarious. Worth looking up if you liked the movie.

- Bret

Posts: 2466 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
SC and I went to see it today.

I was not disappointed. Not a steaming pile like The Force Awakens Or The Last Jedi.

The chick from Westworld did a good job.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
We saw it yesterday and liked it as well. It took a while but the new Han grows on you. The actor playing Lando was perfect from the start.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
We saw it yesterday and liked it as well. It took a while but the new Han grows on you. The actor playing Lando was perfect from the start.

He was the black astrophysicist in The Martian.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

Rich Purnell is a steely-eyed missile man.

- Bret

Posts: 2466 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sadlerbw:
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

Rich Purnell is a steely-eyed missile man.

- Bret

Yeah, when Lando first appeared on screen his voice made me do a double take. Sounded just like Billy Dee Williams.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Funny.... All these articles about why Solo isn't making as much money as they thought. Of course nobody is saying the real reason... The Last Jedi sucked like a turbo Dyson vacuum. Fans were boycotting the opening weekend, casual fans were afraid it would suck. I think now that positive word of mouth is out, it will gain some steam.

They need to stop Rian Johnson from his trilogy. Learn the lesson!

Fuck you Rian Johnson. Fuck You!

I will NOT go see a Rian Johnson movie again. And I'm a huge SW nerd, it's like Cookie Monster saying he refuses to eat a new flavor of Oreo

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Funny.... All these articles about why Solo isn't making as much money as they thought. Of course nobody is saying the real reason... The Last Jedi sucked like a turbo Dyson vacuum. Fans were boycotting the opening weekend, casual fans were afraid it would suck. I think now that positive word of mouth is out, it will gain some steam.

I will NOT go see a Rian Johnson movie again. And I'm a huge SW nerd, it's like Cookie Monster saying he refuses to eat a new flavor of Oreo

Ron Howard directed Solo, not Johnson. And I'll bet the lack of box office dollars has more to do with Deadpool 2 than how bad the last two Star Wars films were.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can't say it any better.
Fuck him until his eyes bleed.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Johnson will not be involved with Episode IX.

Jar Jar Abrams is back in the director's chair. I'm nor sure if that's good news or not...

Posts: 2661 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:
quote:

Ron Howard directed Solo, not Johnson. And I'll bet the lack of box office dollars has more to do with Deadpool 2 than how bad the last two Star Wars films were.

I know.... I thought Solo was a great movie. You missed my point.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back from seeing it with the family. We all enjoyed it and it was a hoot on the ride home to hear the kids pointing out all the references to the other movies.

Overall I was pleased...ranks right up there with Rogue One.

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:
quote:

It doesn’t matter who directed Solo, it’s not about Deadpool 2....it’s about Disney fucking all of us Star Wars fans right up the ass with their SJW bullshit. Remember, DP 2 is rated R and parents can’t just drop off their fuck trophies and let the theater babysit the little bastards. They could have for Solo but they didn’t. Kind of telling if you ask me. I have no desire to give Disney any more of my money. Fool me once and all of that......

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I don’t lay so much blame on Disney for The Last Jedi, I blame Johnson for that. Now, I blame Disney for keeping him on the project, but ultimately I think he did the majority of the pooch screwing. Disney gave us Rogue One, which I loved. solo turned out good and even poked fun at SJWs a bit with Landos droid. I think Disney can still be a capable owner for the franchise. They just need to protect the universe when a director goes off the rails...like they did with Solo by bringing in Ron Howard.

- Bret

Shaman
posted Hide Post
When Marzy and I went to the 11:45am show, the parking lot was empty.
We thought we'd have the theater to ourselves.
I REALLY don't like being around people anyway.
About 5 minutes before the start of the feature film, the theater filled up.
When we were leaving there was a line around the theater to get in and or tickets.
All for Solo. Parents with kids. 4 of the 10 projection rooms showing Solo.
Deadpool has 3

And I'm in the middle of nowhere.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
People can't hate on Disney for Last Jedi and not praise them for Infinity War, IMO. TLJ blame lays at Kathleen Kennedy's feet. (And the director)

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw the movie last night in a mostly full theater with the wife and my 10 year old daughter. We were all very well entertained and liked the movie. Best part was watching my daughter get completely engrossed in the movie. It was a good movie, but I loved watching her reactions even more.

Donald Glover was great in the Martian, and I agree that he's ready to carry a Star Wars Story about Lando.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
My son reluctantly took me to see it. We both hated The Last Jedi. We both thoroughly enjoyed Solo. I left the theater feeling like I saw a Star Wars flick. It almost removed the foul taste in my mouth from Last Jedi, almost that is...

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know.... I thought Solo was a great movie. You missed my point.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
I was hoping for "TJ Hicks" to be Lando.