SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Good read: The Chemist
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good read: The Chemist Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted

Browsing my local library for books to add to my Kindle reading list, I came across an author I'd never heard of, Stephenie Meyer, with one book listed under my search parameters (action, thriller, etc). No wonder I've never heard of her, she is the author of the famous(?) Twilight series of vampire books, which is of no interest to me at all.

But then there's this one book that popped up for me, so I looked her up. Quickly found out what she is most famous for, but also that she has written one single novel outside the vampire genre. It's called The Chemist, and I read the synopsis of that book. If you like the broad category of books with action, adventures, spies, dirty CIA and black ops agents, torture agents, hero sort of like Jack Reacher/Nate Romanowski/Joe Pike/a bit of Gabriel Allon, plus a deadly female hero to boot and some well trained dogs thrown in, then you might well enjoy this book, published in 2016.

Now I just wish she would write some more novels like this one.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I'll take a look. I like action, adventure, spies, dirty CIA - Just like here.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I'll give it a try, it was available for Kindle from my library.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the chemist. Also liked “The Host” that she wrote. Never did read the twilight stuff. She does a very good job of telling a story.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite books. Excellent read.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Sounds interesting. I’m going to see if my library has it. Thanks.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Love books like this, I don't have time to read them but I download them as audio books. Love listening to them while I work on the wood lathe. I'm downloading The Chemist now, I'm always looking for new authors, of course as an audio book a lot depends on who the narrator is, he/she can make or break a good book in a hurry!

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip. I was looking for something new and it was available so I just downloaded it from the Central Texas Digital Consortium.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post