SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    4DX3D experience …AVATAR 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

4DX3D experience …AVATAR 2 Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
Avatar 2 was the movie. It was quite the experience for sure.

If you’re looking to relax and watch a movie this is not for you. You actually have to hang on to the chair arms so you don’t get tossed out of your seat during action scenes. At first it was distracting but then you get used to it but still need to hang on. You also have to keep scooting back up in your seat because you get shaken down in your seat.

The air effects hit you from the front and back of the seat. You feel the bullets zinging past you. That was kinda cool. Also you get mists of water that hit you too. Not enough to get glasses wet, so it works.

You also get a breeze of wind from time to time.

I overall enjoyed the movie and the experience.

The movie visuals were stunning in 3D as expected.

The theme was as the first one- humans are bad and the native people, animals, plants good.

If you liked Avatar you will like Avatar 2.

If you want to be in the action , see it in 4DX3D.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3475 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Yeah, if I do see this movie I'll do the IMAX or Dolby Theater version. I'm not a huge fan of Feelorama.

Was the plot better this time around? I swear the last intelligent James Cameron script was True Lies. Before Titanic, a James Cameron script was bulletproof where the characters can only do what the script tells them to do because it's blocked off any other road the characters could take. Avatar was James Cameron's laziest script and I'm hoping this one isnt.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
The plot was more of the same with revenge thrown in.

Don’t want to say more.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3475 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We enjoyed it. Only about 20 people in the theater so I’m not sure about Avatar 3.

Found a new theater near us. Had the huge seats with recline. They have 1 theater with the effects described above. Honestly my favorite part was that there was so much room that when I had to go pee in the middle of a 3 hour movie I didn’t have to disturb anyone. I think it will be my go to theater from now on. I hate being crowded.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
According to the industry trades, people are ignoring the regular theaters and waiting for the large format screens which are selling out. I also don't know how long they're booked for the IMAX like theaters. Right now it seems to be underperforming on opening weekend.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
So like the rides and movies they show at Disney World. Sounds kinda cool.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I'm still laughing at this review

https://www.breitbart.com/ente...ith-wolves-in-space/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16194 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ummm....it was the most expensive screen saver ever. Compared to the last 5-years of Marvel/DC crap, Cameron & team put the effort into the CGI. Its a visual feast.

There's zero improvement in plot, in fact, its a mess, it took 13-years to come up with this!?! Was I watching an environmental movie, a family redemption story or, a teenage angst/coming of age movie....or all three?

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
There's zero improvement in plot, in fact, its a mess, it took 13-years to come up with this!?!

Don't forget there are supposed to be three more of these.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
And a rumor that James Cameron has a 9 hour cut of Avatar 3 that he wants Disney to pay for complete FX before he starts editing.

And if children can't be put into cryo, how is there a child on Pandora? It's the far future and we have the morning after pill now.