SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Godfather II Was On The Other Night
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Godfather II Was On The Other Night Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I stayed up late to watch it and is it just me or is this a rare case of the sequel/prequel being better than the original??

Also, I never realized that the guy who later went on to play Uncle Junior in The Sopranos was in this movie!

Posts: 33819 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I liked Godfather II better also, but the best was one where they merged I and II together into one movie. That one had continuity and was great.

It also was a bun buster, took several hours to watch.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I liked Godfather II better also, but the best was one where they merged I and II together into one movie. That one had continuity and was great.

It also was a bun buster, took several hours to watch.

Yes, the Godfather Saga. They put 1 and 2 together in chronological order and added a bunch of deleted scenes. Its very rare to see it, last time was about 6 years ago on AMC. I dearly wish they would release this on BluRay or something

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I think there is two versions of the chronological edit. the saga, which adds a lot but also removes some violence and nudity. this was run on a&e or history channel. I have a vhs recording.

The other SAGA version is called anthology or something like that. It ran on hbo and is the saga version with out the violent and nude scenes removed. Also recorded on vhs.

By todays standard the violence and nudity would pass on late night tv.

unfortunately I lost them in a house fire in 2019.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4791 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why even watch any of it on edited TV? I have the restoration Blu-Rays, plus the new "Death of Michael Corleone" that fixes some of the GFIII complaints.

The only nudity is Apollonia on the wedding night in Sicily, and it's pretty tame. The violence is 1970's era, not like today.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post