SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Deadliest Catch Season 18?!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deadliest Catch Season 18?! Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
I haven't watched this show since Season 4 or 5. I never thought it could generate interest to the level that it would remain on television to this day. I just watched the preview commercial for Season 17 and it looks like a soap opera.

Does anyone still watch this?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18024 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Haven’t watch in years. It was good for the first few seasons. Keeping up with the Kardashians made it 20 years. Somebody must have watched it.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4227 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to watch it until every episode had a "Captain Phil is STILL dead" cutaway. Not to mention the unbearably stupid "The Russians are coming for our crab!" Season.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Keeping up with the Kardashians made it 20 years. Somebody must have watched it.

Speaking of which, I just saw that there's a new series based on that family that started this year. Roll Eyes

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18024 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Not religiously, but occasionally tune in, still like watching the work the folks do on those boats and the rough sea adventure...

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still watching it, but it’s getting old. Pretty much same stuff every year. Jake being paranoid and constantly whining about how he’s always in danger of losing the boat. Captains partnering up, and then screwing the other guy when they get on good fishing. Not finding crab, until they suddenly find it. Someone getting hurt and you get to see all the blood in HD. And so on. The last couple of seasons seem more manufactured drama than in the past.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
As nasty, muggy, buggy Summer sets in here, I can always find time for DC but I couldn't watch if was mid-Winter here. After all these years, I still can't believe those guys do what they do, all props.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8349 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I respect to the nth degree the tough job those guys and gals have...could NOWHERE near do it myself, even when I was in my young prime. As for the show, it just got to be too much drama, drama, drama for me and it seemed it was "manufactured" drama...as in UNNECESSARY. But necessary to keep the drama lovers watching the show. I just found I had better things to do...that's me personally. I'm sure some here still enjoy the show immensely, and that's great for them!! Hard to believe it's been on the air that long! Dayum...that means I was 43 when the first season aired... Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It is very repetitive. Fishing for crab is cold, rough, hard work, and dangerous. We know.

And the manufactured soap opera is out of control.

I was never a regular viewer, but it I don't watch at all any more.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I love watching people work.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8349 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
One of the shows I watch falling a sleep now and again. Not compelling, but just enough keep my attention for awhile to put me to sleep. No problem if I miss something. I wouldn't watch this in the light of the day when there are so many other options.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I watched it a few times and was kind of amazed that people were willing to do something that hard and that dangerous, but obviously money is the gating factor for them.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post