SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    A movie scene that you love. Why?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A movie scene that you love. Why? Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
Many from Tombstone

Your first one is my vote, followed closely by them being alone to walk away from OK Corral. So symbolic of how they were both completely on their own if not for each other.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12480 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Saw the thread title and Harling Mays comes to mind. “You just lay around all day pulling that thing”

https://youtu.be/cmBW47RzCD0?si=HQP7MEbwrJKpaln1

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12707 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Cracks me up every time.

Posts: 7579 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've given this a ton of thought. I'm a child of my media and I have to say that, to choose just one, mine is the part of The Fifth Element that begins when Corbin Dallas gives Ruby Rod the gun to hold on the Mangalore prisoner and ends with the Federation President stating "I wonder?"

Thanks for posting your "Why". I'm going to go watch that scene (again?) now.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9169 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Eraser - Nobody screws with the union dock scene. Very funny.

"Nothin moves out these docks without it don’t get loaded by the union"

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3800 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I dont see no union guys...you?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9713 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
A movie scene that you love

Why ... you ask??? Smile

Posts: 22997 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dirty Harry…do you feel lucky
Gladiator…are you not entertained

Because these among others have become iconic.

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2924 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
There are tons of lines and moments but the one entire scene that has always held a special place with me is the 'weather prayer' from Patton (1970). It has an ethereal quality to the score juxtaposed with the (then) portrayal of the brutalities of war. I was seven years old when I first saw this at a drive in with my parents and brothers. I saw it on BluRay with my wife last week and it's still as powerful to me as 1970.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7285 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/YLlppsCeJfg?si=fkY7H-1bmS4Xh0pO

Yo Homie is that my briefcase?
I like it because it deals with putting out the trash. It's fair.. Guy threatened to take your life you lose the right to yours.
Judge Jury Executioner.
Sorry I don't know how to get it to be on the thread like above other than the link... Old guy still use a flip phone. Tech Smile

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Lawless. One of my favorite movies, really like this scene, Forrest (Tom Hardy) just reminding the sheriff he ain’t gonna play ball.

Posts: 3605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Great movie and soundtrack! Deserves another watching!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38821 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ Great movie and soundtrack! Deserves another watching!

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YLlppsCeJfg?si=9HH96_JiVMkn9eNU" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Thanks for posting it I will have to figure out how to I see Flash Video etc.... you're right

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Her fury was palpable ,
He was ready to wet his pants,
The calculated and precision rage was extraordinary.

There are a dozen,
great scenes in a half dozen John Wayne movies,

Just can't find the short clips.

The searchers, Red River, yellow ribbon, horse soldiers, Hondo, tall in the saddle

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54796 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Phoebe Caits, red bikini exiting pool. No explanation required.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
"Dr. Evil:
The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it."

“For over a thousand years Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of triumph, a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeteers, musicians and strange animals from conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conquerors rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children robed in white stood with him in the chariot or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror holding a golden crown and whispering in his ear a warning: that all glory is fleeting.”

"Michael, that man over there is talking to himself; see that scary guy over there? Well, who is he? What's his name?."

Posts: 7510 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lord Whorfin's (John Lithgow) speech to the other red lectroids in The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension.

Posts: 710 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post

I sympathize with Dfens.

"I'm the bad guy?"

I feel like this these days...

Posts: 5038 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This whole movie is filled with scenes that allow you to have four different emotions or perspectives,

I had to watch it 6 times to get a handle on all the messages, feelings and lessons it was exhibited.

This scene had one person turning to another for three reasons,
And the other person embraced the opportunity ,

It's full of promise,. . . . . . .but is it really?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54796 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post