Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alec Baldwin Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Have had no use for the guy ever since that phone call with his daughter.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Have had no use for the guy ever since that phone call with his daughter.

His daughter has forgiven him, although the way she talks now, she was never as offended as the rest of us were.

I like Baldwin as a comic actor. He is really funny.

But he is kind of an asshole. And he is an insufferable lefty. I am usually able to separate personality from an actor's work, but Baldwin is so public about the other things, it is hard to do it with him.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I used to enjoy his movies, but he seems determined to have his political advocacy outshine his acting. I just don't have any interest in watching him anymore. Everyone has opinions, and I can usually separate the actor from his real-life persona. In his case, though, he now seems to believe his politics is the most important part of his career. Plus, after the way he was caught treating his daughter, I just can't help but think that he is just not a good human being.

Well said. I too am unable to seperate his jackwad leftist politics and buffoonery from his acting roles. As such I am not the least bit interested in his work these days.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I couldn't remember his work , so I looked at his IMDB page,
He's done a lot of stuff, a lot !

I saw three things that I would call him just o.k. in.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55177 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
He's great when you can't see his face, like narrating Wes Anderson's The Royal Tenenbaums (2001).

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surprised no one mentioned his small yet pivotal role in "The Departed". Had some great lines and really delivered.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
He played a part in She's Having a Baby. He was a jerk and good at it.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3927 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Despite my opinion of him personally... which is very poor...

I still disagree.

I think Harrison Ford was much better as Jack Ryan.

30 rock wasn't funny at all, even before they all turned full insane liberal.

I may be missing some movies, but I have never found him as a good actor, except maybe in "My Best Friends Girl" where he played a womanizing douche.

Wasn't far off... playing a douche...

There are a lot of douchey lefty actors I still think are good actors. But I can't put Baldwin in that camp.

I can't think of a single role that I would consider him a single "Win above replacement" in. Every role... forgetable.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
As far as I'm concerned, his Capital One credit card commercials were the high water mark of his career. Razz

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Never been a fan of his acting; didn't like his Jack Ryan, think he's a giant douche, and hate his politics. All that said, I have seen a couple of interviews with him, and he seems to be a funny, personable guy, who is witty and quick on his rhetorical feet. Politics aside, I think he'd be fun to talk to at a party.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
"Schwetty balls" was the Pinnacle.....

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post