SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jesse Stone movies with Tom Selleck
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jesse Stone movies with Tom Selleck Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
I just discovered these last night....where have I been???

I forget which two I watched, but did some research and see the order in which I should watch nine movies. Good stuff.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38683 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yup... solid entertainment! Enjoy!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, bald1!

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38683 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Sig Marine really enjoy the Jesse Stone/Tom Selleck collection and watch them whenever we can.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
He’s just a “small town cop who mostly gives out parking tickets”, but uses his “coply intuition” to solve the crimes, assisted by his laid-back dog Reggie.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
We've got 8 of the 9 in our library. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jesse is a big fan of the 1911! Great movies.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I have them all on DVD. Excellent! I think the 1911 he uses is a S&W 1911.

Posts: 6621 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
We have the full set up at the cabin. We usually go through them completely every few months.

I like the writing, both plot and dialogue.

There was talk for a while they might make another, but that never materialized.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
To be honest, as much of a Tom Selleck fan as I am, I grew very tired of them after the first three or four. If you've seen one, you've seen all of them.

Posts: 20109 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
He’s just a “small town cop who mostly gives out parking tickets”, but uses his “coply intuition” to solve the crimes, assisted by his laid-back dog Reggie.

I believe at least in the novels that he was an L.A. high-ranking police/homicide detective but left the force to take the small-town Police Chief's job due to alcoholism exacerbated by separating from his wife.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of Robert B. Parker's Spenser and Jesse Stone novels (also liked the Sunny Randall novels). Spenser for Hire was one of my favorite shows and the Jesse Stone movies are top notch. Have the Spenser for Hire series on DVD and all the Jesse Stone movies too.

I am currently re-watching the Spenser for Hire series, and will probably re-watch the Jesse Stone movies later this year again. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I've seen all of them multiple times, whenever they appear on network or streaming channels. I only have physical copies of a couple though, I should probably fix that.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I finished up the series last night. I really enjoyed them and sorry to see the end to it. Were there more books written in the series?

Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
This whole series is one of mine and my wife's favorites.

If you watch Night Passage before Stone Cold the events will make more sense and flow better.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to movie firearm database, he does carry a S&W Gunsite edition 1911 .45. For watch enthusiasts, he's wearing an older Rolex GMT Master II with the "Pepsi" bezel. I think Selleck also wore the same watch in "Magnum PI."

Posts: 79 | Location: Wooster, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by savoy6:
According to movie firearm database, he does carry a S&W Gunsite edition 1911 .45. For watch enthusiasts, he's wearing an older Rolex GMT Master II with the "Pepsi" bezel. I think Selleck also wore the same watch in "Magnum PI."

Yes, it is the same Rolex GMT Master that he wore in the last five seasons of Magnum P.I. The first three seasons he wore a Chronosport Sea Quartz 30.

Posts: 6621 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Looks like they're coming to Amazon Prime Video streaming tomorrow (January 1st).

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of Tom Selleck westerns (in addition to Quigley Down Under) that are very fine. My favorite is Monte Walsh, with costars Lee Marvin and Jack Palance.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
What type of mannerism is the name calling protocol he encourages people to use? For example, 'can we talk' vs 'can we talk, jesse'. That isn't, as far as i know, an LA thing or a west coast thing.

And when i lived back in the east coast, we used last names instead of first names.

Just curious. Is it something regional? Something proper that isn't common anymore? Something unique to character?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12724 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post