SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Apollo 11 EVA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apollo 11 EVA Login/Join 
posted
Apollo 11 launched this day in 1969. This is the EVA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9HdPi9Ikhk

Posts: 1588 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting this.

I completely forgot about the anniversary of the launch of Apollo 11.

To this day I remember as a kid looking up to the sky waiting to see the rocket go by.
What little did I know. I was almost 4 at the time, and living in New Jersey but I do remember this.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go watch the movie Apollo 11. It’s very good. Watch it on the largest TV screen you can find. The resolution for this movie is outstanding.

Posts: 1588 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
And today is Moon Day, when we celebrate the landing on the moon by Armstrong and Aldrin.

Posts: 9244 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
To get an idea of the first moonwalk, Armstrong and Aldrin did their entire moonwalk, sample collection and instrument set up in an area approximately the size of the infield at a Major League Baseball stadium.

They did not venture very far.

Contrasting this with Apollo 17 where the crew of Cernan and Shmidt put more than 30 kilometers on the rover

Posts: 53770 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post