SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Apocalypse Now Redux
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apocalypse Now Redux Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
It had been many many years since I watched the original version. This was so awesome to me re watching it after so many years. Really kept me focused on what was going on. Totally forgot about Kilgore flying around trying to get his surfboard back from Lance.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xaircav
posted Hide Post
Having served in an air cavalry unit in Vietnam I can state unequivocally that this movie is the biggest cinematic steaming pile to ever come down the pike.

I have flown among the trees and looked into the face of the enemy.

Posts: 785 | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would contend that it wasn't really about Viet Nam, so I wouldn't expect much in the way of realism. Nam was just a substitute setting for the colonial Congo from Conrad's Heart of Darkness.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xaircav:
Having served in an air cavalry unit in Vietnam I can state unequivocally that this movie is the biggest cinematic steaming pile to ever come down the pike.

Slightly off topic. Have you read Chickenhawk?

To this day, I still think I could half ass fly a helicopter just from the description he uses during flight school.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12299 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Right here. GREAT book!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11043 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post