SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    60 years ago today…The Beatles appeared on Ed Sullivan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

60 years ago today…The Beatles appeared on Ed Sullivan Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
It was 60 years ago today that The Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan show for the first time…73 million TV viewers.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12378 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I watched it, though didn't really understand it being 6, but my older sister loved it!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39017 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Um...Ma...I do believe there be cougars in the building.

-MG

Posts: 2149 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
It is my earliest memory. Literally. I asked my mother “Why are all girls screaming?”

“Oh, they just like the music.”

I was 4 years old.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1618 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I was ten.
The most common comment from parents that I can remember was, "they need a good haircut".
Wasn't long before many others, like the Rolling Stones, started to appear.

Who would have thought.

Posts: 9718 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Changed to fit the time

It was 60 years ago today
Sergeant pepper taught the band to play
They've been going in and out of style
But they're guaranteed to raise a smile
So may I introduce to you
The act you've known for all these years
Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Posts: 23962 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post