SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    TV show - Chicago Fire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV show - Chicago Fire Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
My wife likes this show.

It is terrible. The worst. Written by chimps. The acting is dreadful. I feel stupider even being in the same room with it on.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure there is a good network TV show any longer. We watch the whole 'Chicago' set, Blue Bloods, NCIS and that's about it. Everything else is streamed.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
We like the show, Chicago PD and so far, Chicago Justice. As long as it's entertaining and not drowning me with some left wing political message every week, I'm good.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I tried it once, its awful.

Posts: 6345 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife loves it as well.
It is drivel written by 10 year olds.
Crappiest acting and story lines.

Posts: 245 | Registered: April 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it was supposedly done to pay homage to the Emergency series,

but that went way south when everyone started banging each other .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'd say Chicago PD is worse. The plots are even more far-fetched and every episode contains a confession extracted by force, making it unlikely that any conviction could be obtained in any case investigated by that walking squad of 4th and 14th amendment violations.

But the young woman with big, brown, doe eyes is very lovely.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is another show coming out soon, hopefully. It's going to be called Chicago Public Housing Unit. It's based on the unit in the CPD that worked the projects. I know the technical advisor.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I'd say Chicago PD is worse.

I'd say you are correct. The ONLY thing that show has going for it is Sophia Bush [/swoon]. Other than her, horrible acting, horrible plots, and horrible acting. The neanderthal that is evidently the head of the unit is just painful to watch.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Denis Learys "Rescue Me" for the win. Those other shows are made to entertain loveless cat women.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how about Chicago funeral home.

a show about how funeral homes are flocking in too cook county , to take advantage of all the killings.

and how the crooked politicians are getting kick backs from all the burials.
from the morticians, the cemeteries and crematories

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Count me as another whose wife likes the show. She watches all three, though she says Chi-Med is weak. They are 'her shows' and are probably as close as she ever gets to daytime soaps. I do not partake. She also watched that time travel show 'Timeless' that just ended it's season. That one is OK, but in the end I just don't care if it's there or gone.

I like them, her shows. They give me hours of alone time. Cool

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cant do it... Cant watch any of it. I cant even put it on mute and have music in the background. Something to do with the "reality" part of it and my job. I've got a whole mess if family and friends on both sides (Fire & Police), and none of us watch it. I know a few of the actual Firemen that are on the set, and they don't even watch it.

All the other spin-offs, cross-overs... I believe is why the History channel was invented.

You want something close to reality? The Wire. Everything else is just 2nd rate.

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
There is another show coming out soon, hopefully. It's going to be called Chicago Public Housing Unit. It's based on the unit in the CPD that worked the projects. I know the technical advisor.

Who?
I know Luce is still on Chicago P.D. as an advisor. One FUNNY dude!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Charlie Toussas,Jimmy Martin and Eric Davis. All great guys from "back in the day",lol.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Toussas... sounds familiar. If he worked with Frank Higgins, (Sam Elliot look-a-like) I know who he is.

I wish them luck!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Martin and Davis were the reason for that tv show 21 Jump Street years ago. Toussas is one of the funniest guys I've ever known. All three were GREAT coppers who worked in the asshole of Chicago, the jets aka Public Housing North.