SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The new Dodge Demon fastest production car ever, revealed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The new Dodge Demon fastest production car ever, revealed Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
The wide-body Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is a barely street-legal drag racer with a V8 that can produce up to 840 HP and 770 pound-feet of torque, making it the most powerful American car ever. It’s also the quickest car in the world, with an NHRA certified 0-60 mph time of 2.3 seconds and a quarter-mile time of 9.65 seconds at 140 mph.

ifyouknowyouknow link

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y12aNLYGSm8

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Take that Prius, Volt and Leaf ...

Maybe we can get some US Citizens' funded tax-credits for the extra ponies in exchange for getting from A-to-B in a hurry! Big Grin

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
SRT

Short reach or short reset?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
SRT

Specially Reset Throttle.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
quote:
SRT

Ummm...SRT has always stood for Street & Racing Technology

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Fast as hell until there is a turn! Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Wow, a sub-10 second car from the factory! There have been a lot of guys, who spent a lot of money, and couldn't break that 10 sec. barrier. Amazing.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
What constitutes "production"? There are several supercars that are faster than the Demon--with more horsepower, too. Maybe it's the quickest... But fastest? Definitely not.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It'll never be the fastest until runs the quickest lap time around the Nurburgring!

And we all know Chrysler and Ford just don't make "production" vehicles that are competitive at the Nurburgring!

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
This is the definition of a Production Vehicle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_vehicle

The exotics sort of qualify as a production vehicle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ion_car_speed_record

And if I wasn't short about 80 or 90k I would certainly have one... Cool

Archerman

Posts: 2484 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I had a SRT4 years ago! Nothing like this obviously. But that car was hell of fun to drive for under $20K.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never been a Dodge fan but this looks interesting!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
quote:
SRT

Ummm...SRT has always stood for Street & Racing Technology

cough, cough, readmreplycloser, cough, cough. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Is there supposed to be hidden text? Cuz it ain't showing up, if so.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pillboxesghost:
It'll never be the fastest until runs the quickest lap time around the Nurburgring!

And we all know Chrysler and Ford just don't make "production" vehicles that are competitive at the Nurburgring!

Hmmm... Dodge Viper, Ford GT, Shelby GT-350?

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's cars like this that encourage those "hold my beer and watch this.." moments .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
posted by Prefontaine:
"Fast as hell until there is a turn!"
-------------

Actually I've been driving my son's 2014 Challenger Rallye Redline lately, to keep some miles off my 335i. I am actually pretty impressed with the cornering in the mountain canyons I drive through on my commute. Of course, the Redline has the v6 engine (305 hp) but has the upgraded suspension, brakes and tires. Obviously, it drives very differently than the BMW (mine has the M Sport suspension, M exhaust, staggered tires, and MPPK engine tune), but still once you figure out how to handle it, the Challenger takes corners just as easily as my 335. Which surprised me.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post