SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Assassins Creed Odyssey
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Assassins Creed Odyssey Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I am new to the series, never played one before. I am really enjoying this one, just running around taking side bounties and missions. Its a huge game, and very beautiful.

Don't really understand what the beginning of people getting in a simulator has to do with anything yet.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's part of the metaplot of the Assassin's Creed series.

There's this Animus simulation technology that allows you to access the memories of your ancestors that are embedded in your DNA.

So in each Assassin's Creed game, you're a modern day/near-future descendant of a [Medieval/Revolutionary War/Ancient Greek/Italian Renaissance/French Revolution/etc]-era Assassin, reliving their memories of that specific era through the simulator.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Some of the later stuff is really going to have you scratching your head if you're totally new to the series, but just go with it. Great game, great story. Enjoy.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Black Flag is still my favorite one, followed by the one that takes place during the American Revolution.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I have hundreds and hundreds of hours in Valhalla. I’m waiting for the next big download (March?) and til then just jumping around the continents looking for any gold or blue mysteries that I may have missed.

I used every experience point I get to put towards archery skills and being hidden. My favorite place is the roof tops, raining arrow terror on my enemies.

Personal preference, but I spent about 30 seconds on one of the portals that take me to the future; saw no need. I totally ignore those when I can. There is a part of Valhalla that requires it though, so I trudged thru until I could get back to the past again.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Odyssey was the first AC game I bought since I played the first one on Xbox.

Odyssey is gorgeous and the dev team really put in a lot of effort to present Greek history and landmarks as best they could in a video game setting. I enjoyed it so much I bought Black Flag but haven't gotten around to playing it.

I had a lot of fun using the screenshot camera. There's so many amazing views to capture and every now and then I'll start it up just to run around and enjoy the environment.

Posts: 798 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Black Flag is still my favorite one

Agreed.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I have hundreds and hundreds of hours in Valhalla. I’m waiting for the next big download (March?) and til then just jumping around the continents looking for any gold or blue mysteries that I may have missed.

I used every experience point I get to put towards archery skills and being hidden. My favorite place is the roof tops, raining arrow terror on my enemies.

Personal preference, but I spent about 30 seconds on one of the portals that take me to the future; saw no need. I totally ignore those when I can. There is a part of Valhalla that requires it though, so I trudged thru until I could get back to the past again.

Is Valhalla pretty much the same game in terms of gameplay? I am enjoying Odyssey so much I might just buy the super edition of Valhalla with all the content. Its worth the money if it plays the same.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I haven’t played Valhalla, but I can tell you they’re all a little bit different in terms of controls, handling, and the way the game handles certain things. Enough so that I can go from one to another easily enough, but I have to look at the keybinds a few times. The core thing of sneaking around and murdering people with melee or short range weapons is a constant. The rest all changes a bit, but not enough that it feels like a totally different game franchise. It’s all Assassin’s Creed.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post