SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Great films that you never want to see again
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great films that you never want to see again Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
For me it's A Clockwork Orange.

I'm a huge Kubrick fan and this is clearly a great film, but I found it deeply disturbing and will probably never watch it a second time.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15517 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
8mm with Nicholas Cage. I wish I had never laid eyes on it.

Posts: 220 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I also don't want to watch Clockwork Orange again. It wasn't disturbing to me. It was more like irritating.

I thought Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet was excellent, and I had to watch it for my darlin' Kate Winslet as Ophelia, but that sucker was four hours long! That ain't happenin' again.

Not a great film, but I really enjoyed Forrest Gump when I saw it in the theater. Then, when I was walking back to the car in the parking lot, I thought, "What the hell was I thinking?" It was like scarfing down junk food and then having massive indigestion on the way home. Haven't seen it since.

Posts: 5596 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Apocalypse Now.
Very long and you can watch the most memorable moments in short YouTube clips now.

Posts: 9713 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have to say.... Citizen Kane. Once and done. Rosebud!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16274 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
First time i watched The Killing Fields at the theater (80s?) it really got to me.
The music was really getting into my head (except Imagine, that was a cheap shot IMO). I noticed i was gripping both sides of my seat with all my strenght. Boy, i was tense.
Most definitely not what you would have expected from old sweet Mike Oldfield. I do not consider his regular stuff creepy at all. Please don’t bring up The Exorcist theme, it’s all but scary.

Might not , very likely not have to the same effexct on rewatch but i remember having to tell my hands to relax and let go of the seat.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12215 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Schindler's List.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Trainspotting

Posts: 34268 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Passion of the Christ

Posts: 823 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fill your hands
you son of a bitch
posted Hide Post

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Private Ryan and Titanic. I have a pretty vivid imagination and those two films hit me hard.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12377 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
The Road

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8454 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great films that you never want to see again

Can't think of one.

What I consider "great film", I would watch again, no matter subject matter or content.

It is the unforgettable, mediocre ones I would do without.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16981 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
The Joker.

Great movie, but yeah...not exactly one I want to watch again.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1782 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As already mentioned, yes, no more:

Schindler's List
Saving Private Ryan

I don't consider Citizen Kane a great film but not interested in ever seeing it again, either.

Posts: 337 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Road.And very few movies would make this kind of list for me but this tops it.

Posts: 3547 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:
The Passion of the Christ

One of the best movies ever made IMO. While I can understand your position on it, I rewatch it every Easter.

It's a good reminder.

Posts: 20350 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Great films that you never want to see again

Can't think of one.

What I consider "great film", I would watch again, no matter subject matter or content.

It is the unforgettable, mediocre ones I would do without.

this,

plenty mentioned that I watch when they are on

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10482 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Requiem For A Dream.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9727 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Exactly what my thought process was on this, oddball. Great minds..... Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post