SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What movie is the John Cusack speechless GIF from?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What movie is the John Cusack speechless GIF from? Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
For the life of me, I can't figure out what movie this is from!

G]

Anyone know? And what scene? I use this GIF all the time with my wife when she texts me ridiculous stuff.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5517 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'll tell you where the gif is from if you answer me this question:

"What came first, the music or the misery?"

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18091 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"

Posts: 944 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
High Fidelty.

An excellent movie I have seen at least 5 times. John Cusack was just kicking all kinds of ass during this period. Makes me sad that his acting career fell so far. I think he still can bring it, but mostly misses in the past decade.

Posts: 3552 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Top 5 things about High Fidelity:

5. Barry Jive and the Uptown Five
4. Kathleen Turner Overdrive
3. That gif
2. Cosby sweater
1. Sonic Death Monkey

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10571 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I’ll have to give it a watch.

Posts: 5517 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
That’s a damn good movie, imo. I know the guy is a dipshit, but the movie is great.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night. Top five, now I get it! Ha ha!

Yeah, it was a good movie. I'd say this is the second movie I've watched because I wanted the context I've seen in a GIF. The first was the opera house clap from Citizen Kane.

I've been a long time Cusack fan. Partially because of the fact that in my youth, we were twins. I'm what he'd look like today if he were to gain 100 pounds and get a haircut. I had lots of people stop me and say "You know who you look like?"

Tony.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
It’s such a slow movie but still one of my favorites. Jack Black is actually hilarious instead of annoying and Tim Robbins as well.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good point. Jack Black is an actor best kept on a tight cinematic leash because his persona is too big and unfunny, imo, left to his own devices.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
High Fidelty.

An excellent movie I have seen at least 5 times. John Cusack was just kicking all kinds of ass during this period. Makes me sad that his acting career fell so far. I think he still can bring it, but mostly misses in the past decade.

Grosse Point Blank- 25 years old - but still his high water mark, IMHO.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
High Fidelty.

Grosse Point Blank- 25 years old - but still his high water mark, IMHO.

I really like Grosse Point Blank, but I think, for rewatch-ability, High Fidelity gets the nod. The last great movie he was in, to the best of my knowledge, was 1408.

Posts: 3552 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Good point. Jack Black is an actor best kept on a tight cinematic leash because his persona is too big and unfunny, imo, left to his own devices.

"Do you even know your daughter? There's no way she likes that song. Oh, is she in a coma?”

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Top 5 things about High Fidelity:

5. Barry Jive and the Uptown Five
4. Kathleen Turner Overdrive
3. That gif
2. Cosby sweater
1. Sonic Death Monkey

"Sonic fucking Death Monkey!