SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I didn't realize how bad the wokeness had gotten
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I didn't realize how bad the wokeness had gotten Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
I rarely watch network television these days, but had my DirecTV box set to DVR the shows LaBrea and Quantum Leap. I kind of dig time travel shows/movies and when these first started, they were just OK, so I had them programmed to record.

The other night, I was looking for something to watch and the rest of the menu came up devoid of anything worthwhile, so I looked to the DVR. Wow...

One of the lead characters on LaBrea, a teenaged girl, is apparently now a lesbian. Who knew?

And the Quantum Leap episode, involving three sisters searching for lost treasure? Well, one of the sisters just had to come out as "non-binary".

Jesus H. Christ on a bicycle! Can this shit end already? Mad What will it take to get our country and our culture back?

Posts: 20484 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the wife and I liked the first version of Quantum Leap but the new version is trash. We tried it though. Transgender this and homosexual that. If it weren't EVERY episode, we may have stuck past episode 3. It's just garbage. If you have to forcibly normalize something then it ain't normal.

Posts: 45516 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Even the new Star Trek series Discovery has one of these confused non-binary types.

It’s all just so trendy, that’s all it is. Someday this trend will be over and it won’t be cool to be this anymore and it will go away.

A couple months ago the wife and I went to go see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3 and of course they have to be shoving this non-binary shit down our throats there as well. Roll Eyes

The first Big Fat Greek Wedding did exceptionally well at the box office and was actually a good movie, the second one was OK but this third one was a steaming pile of poo and I heard it completely bombed and I’m glad.

Posts: 34443 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
> If you have to forcibly normalize something then it ain't normal.

It's on almost EVERY show now.
Sometimes it's just the bi-racial couple or a character mentioning (for no apparent reason) something about their homo-partner.
Very tiresome and just makes it more abnormal, IMO. Eek

I assume this is spearheaded by BlackRock and their woke-scoreboard. Mad

Posts: 23162 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Humm...

Somehow I don't remember any transqueers in Blazing Saddles!

Posts: 9367 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Humm...

Somehow I don't remember any transqueers in Blazing Saddles!

Hmm......some of Buddy's dancers in the studio "tush push" scene probably fit that bill....just saying.

Posts: 4047 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Sometimes it's just the bi-racial couple or a character mentioning (for no apparent reason) something about their homo-partner.

This is EXACTLY how the Left "normalizes" this deviant, amoral behavior.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I see more and more inquiring about one's preferred pronoun. "None" is a pronoun, so that is what I put down if asked. Sometimes I wonder if the left ever gets any sleep.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10867 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
I started watching Alexander on Netflix. After about 10 minutes he started making out with his "best friend". Turned the channel.

Posts: 840 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
quote:

This is EXACTLY how the Left "normalizes" this deviant, amoral behavior.

And let’s not forget about commercials too.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2782 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yup, definitely Blackrock. They just threaten every company they have money into and tell them it’s this or we pull out. Just like the got damn mafia. Do what we say or else.

At least Netflix said fuck that. They realized all this shit was costing them too much money so they changed lanes. Others are hell bent on failure and alienating customers.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12891 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
I started watching Alexander on Netflix. After about 10 minutes he started making out with his "best friend". Turned the channel.

Who wants to tell him?

Posts: 11516 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t matter. It still isn’t necessary to be explicit about it. His sexual inclinations aren’t the story most people come to watch.

I enjoyed Season 1 of Resident Alien. Season 2 is nearly unwatchable due to this. They are very nearly just running down a list of social issues that they think are important and shoe horning them into the plot. Does it make sense, does it improve the story? Nope and nope. Made it basically impossible to enjoy. Horrendous screen writing. The gay Indian character was the final straw for me. Why?

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
My memory was kind enough to erase most traces of it but i remember trying to watch a recent film or series where the British Royal family was composed of members of different races and colors.
Didn’t make any sense and my intelligence couldn’t make heads or tails of it. Not only confusing but also exasperating.

Woke politics are not a concern this far south but are being swiftly spoon fed to us without most being aware of it.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12244 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post