SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    This is going to sound a little weird. Help me think of/find some cartoons.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is going to sound a little weird. Help me think of/find some cartoons. Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
1. The other barnyard animals shun and ridicule a donkey because of his braying, but the donkey saves them from a pack of wolves and the animals become buddy-buddies with the new hero.

2. While the cat is asleep, the mice play a prank on him by gluing the furniture upside-down to the ceiling.

3. Through a series of misunderstandings, the mice think they no longer like cheese, that life is no longer worth living, and ask the cat to eat them. Then the cat wants the dog to eat him. The cartoon ends with the dog saying, "It just don't add up!"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
I'm watching this to see what others might come up with.

I recall all three of them, particularly the first one. I do seem to remember that it was a single wolf versus a pack, though. The donkey's braying is so loud and screechy that it wears on everybody's nerves so they shun him and he leaves, sobbing all the while. In fact, I think the wolf tries to go after him first but the crying/braying freaks him out so bad that he heads to the barnyard instead. When he goes after the other animals, the donkey hears their cries and comes running. He runs up behind the wolf and brays. Because of his previous encounter with the donkey, the wolf basically experiences something akin to a nervous breakdown and ends up falling off a cliff. The animals love him for it and when he tries to bray again in celebration, they tie his ears in his mouth to stop him.

I have tried Google and YouTube but have come up empty. Maybe someone else can remember a studio or title.

Posts: 559 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Number two is Hubie and Bertie “Mouse Wreckers.”

Number three is Hubie and Bertie “Cheese Chasers”.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Number two is Hubie and Bertie “Mouse Wreckers.”

Number three is Hubie and Bertie “Cheese Chasers”.

Wow! You're an interweb commando!

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I can't believe the timing of this thread. Just a couple days ago I tried my best, in vain, to find a cartoon. Please forgive the slight hijacking of this thread, but if I may add:

4. I really thought it was Foghorn Leghorn, but in any case, some big animal wanted to do a good deed by building a great big dam for a beaver, but the beaver just wanted an itty bitty one. The beaver kept fighting the bigger animal until the the bigger animal tied up the beaver to a tree, built a huge dam, and then when the floodplain filled up, the beaver was super happy and appreciative.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
#1. - "Little Gravel Voice" from MGM 1942.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remembered #3 as a Looney Tunes, but couldn't name it.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
#1. - "Little Gravel Voice" from MGM 1942.

Bingo! When the OP brought these up, this one really started bugging me as I had seen it many times after shchool as a kid. Now I can get some sleep tonight!

Posts: 559 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
4. - Barney Bear in "Busybody Bear", MGM 1952?

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
4. - Barney Bear in "Busybody Bear", MGM 1952?

When I started watching it, I thought it was it. A bear. It's such an old memory—I'm probably mish-mashing hundreds of cartoons. This is so close and similar but I'm sure about the ending. It's not it but I love this thread. I've never seen the Bertie cartoons. I love the quality of those old classics. When I saw the name Fred Quimby at the beginning of this one, I was happy. 'Tom and Jerry' is my all time favorite cartoon, but I always said, the ones that were produced by Fred Quimby were the best.

Really, thanks for looking. I don't know how you came so close.

Year V

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
That's got to be the cartoon. I realized the one on YouTube is annotated. Only the beginning and ending are shown. There's a link to the full cartoon in the description, but it's outdated. Really good detective work, LastCubScout.

Year V

Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
LastCubScout was right. Smile Here is the donkey one.

Similar to the moment in A Charlie Brown Christmas where CB hangs the ornament on the little raggedy-ass tree, it flops over and he thought he killed it, the part where the donkey leaves crying is kind of moving.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post