SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Gladbeck: The Hostage Crisis (Netflix Documentary)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gladbeck: The Hostage Crisis (Netflix Documentary) Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
I never heard of this incident before. What a freaking shitshow!!! Two hardcore felons decide to rob a bank in Germany in 1988, but the police arrive prior to their escape and it turns into a hostage situation. This documentary is almost entirely composed of video from the incident that lasted 50 hours. Absolutely no control over the perimeter or onlookers and press that arrives on scene. The press fall all over themselves trying to interview these idiots. The cons get a vehicle and leave the scene with a couple of the hostages, with the press and police in pursuit.

Over the next two days plus, these two pick up one's girlfriend, take over a municipal bus, kill additional hostages and are lovingly coddled by members of the media (each trying to outdo their competition, frequently asking the hostages how they "feel" about their situation). They travel extensively throughout Germany and even cross the border into The Netherlands for awhile. If you thought "Dog Day Afternoon" was crazy, watch "Gladbeck: The Hostage Crisis"!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10203 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
Shitshow is about right; a perfect storm of bumbling police and vulturous media. There is a brief overview on English Wikipedia, but the footage has to be seen to be believed.

Posts: 2419 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post