SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Great Waldo Pepper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Great Waldo Pepper Login/Join 
posted
I am ashamed to say I hadn't seen this movie till now. It is very good. I have always been lukewarm on Redford, and I still am, but this movie is a lot of fun. The aerial action is awesome, the supporting roles are strong (stronger?), the plot is clever, and there are some genuinely shocking moments.

So, for those who haven't seen it, and aren't content to watch a movie we all know is trash *cough* Road House 2024 *cough*: I encourage you to check it out.

Posts: 2460 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic movie! Pretty much everything in the movie actually occurred at one time or another. Saw it as a double feature with "Sometimes a Great Notion" with my parents as a double feature. Another great movie.
Waldo Paper held inspire a lifelong love of tailwheels and biplanes.
OZ

Posts: 165 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oscar Zulu:
Fantastic movie! Pretty much everything in the movie actually occurred at one time or another. Saw it as a double feature with "Sometimes a Great Notion" with my parents as a double feature. Another great movie.
Waldo Paper held inspire a lifelong love of tailwheels and biplanes.
OZ

Sometimes A Great Notion was a good movie, but Ken Kesey's novel was magnificent.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
with "Sometimes a Great Notion" with my parents as a double feature
It was the greatest double feature of all time!

I should re-watch Sometimes a Great Notion. I recall having watched it, but I sure don't remember much of it.

Posts: 2460 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
I should re-watch Sometimes a Great Notion. I recall having watched it, but I sure don't remember much of it.

Great movie. Sometimes released as Never Give an Inch.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16909 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post