Tools

Indiana Jones 5 Login/Join 
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted
Holy shit. If this is true, Crystal Skull will look like Master Piece Theater:

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Oh my dear and fluffy Lord...

Eek

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Great, so Indiana Joan can travel through time and prevent antiquities from being stolen from the indigenous peoples and educate the world on cultural theft!

Posts: 11158 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’m going to pass on anything Kennedy has anything to do with. Unless Disney fires her then fuck Disney.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12621 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Holy shit. If this is true, Crystal Skull will look like Master Piece Theater:

The Crystal Skull looked kind of like Al Sharpton's head.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deleted an earlier post on this; but why can't they just leave the series alone? Fond memories of Indy beginning forty years ago.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Deleted an earlier post on this; but why can't they just leave the series alone? Fond memories of Indy beginning forty years ago.

Money, my dear boy, money. . .

hollywood is TERRIFIED of doing anything new. That is why they keep regurgitating the same old tired characters. One can see this in the Star Wars movies/shows - YET AGAIN, we have the same two droids, Darth Vader, Obi-wan/Leia, the Emperor, etc etc etc. They seem to think that they can rely on nostalgia and 'fan favorites' to get the nerds (of which I am one; see my custom user title) to flock to the theaters.

I almost hope they do this. It would be such a huge disaster and prompt so much fan backlash that heads would surely roll at didney worl and hopefully cause a much-needed personnel turn-over.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I get that Disney needs to recoup the money they spent on LucasFilms. But they should have also put people in charge who know and love the material. What Kennedy is trying to do with Star Wars, and looks like is trying with Indy, she has to go.

Some of the good Star Wars stuff has been expanding the story. Rouge One and Mando is proof. And wait, KK had nothing to do with them. But focusing on the Skywalker saga and pushing diversity over story is killing the franchise.

As for Indy, that is a hard issue. H. Ford is Indy, and not sure how they could either go forward with him, or they need a reboot with a new actor. Both will be a hard sell. Maybe a story or two with his dad running around Edwardian Europe, treasure hunting, and picking up a clue or two about the Grail.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could see a prequel or two; but not sequels. Perhaps Indy in an exotic locale, researching and conducting a dig for his doctorate, etc. and getting into all sorts of intrigue?

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's been A LOT of talk about this project, some of it possibly being Kennedy's big-finger to everyone that hates her and her ideas as she exits Disney. Bringing on Phebe Waller-Bridge was already sign, she voiced Lando's feminist droid L3-37 in Solo. She's also a big hero amongst hardcore feminists and anti-patriarchy zealots, particularly after her acclaimed creation Fleabag on Prime.

Having Indiana Jones involved with time travel and getting replaced or, re-realized as a women...who asked for this? WTF... can't they pick-up a legend from antiquity and develop a story...like finding Gengis Khan's tomb or, Alexander the Great's sword, etc...

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thinking a somewhat younger Indy building a story line about why he needed to go to the Chachapoyan temple in Raiders would make a good prequel.

They may have had a different James Bond every week, but Harrison Ford is always Indy.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post