SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Accountant, revisited:
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Accountant, revisited: Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
I watched The Accountant after seeing Wick and enjoyed it just as much. I had never seen it in the theater so it was fresh and exciting to watch. The character Affleck portrays, Christian Wolff, is more of a brawler than a martial artist like Wick but he utilizes some of the same grappling and shooting techniques. He's just a little sloppier at it. Where Wick takes one shot at someone's head, Wolff needs two or three.

I laughed long and hard at a couple of scenes, such as him killing the hitmen sent to the farmers' home, then waving goodbye and wandering off. His final kill of the movie was hilarious, too. "Sorry..."

I hope there's a sequel for this movie.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The bathroom kill scene in the Acountant was great. The scene when she ask if he lives in the Airstream and he scoffs "no that would be weird" was funny.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I was late to the party on this movie, just watched it last week on demand from Directv.

Very pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

Posts: 7484 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also re-watched this one. I find it very entertaining. Some of it is cheezy but I like the story and also am hoping for a sequel.

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
He's just a little sloppier at it. Where Wick takes one shot at someone's head, Wolff needs two or three.

I took it as being thorough. Mozambique drill.

Posts: 4005 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
I rented it and was pleasantly surprised. Seemed like a new take.

I did not see the ending coming.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw it in the theater and liked it so much I bought it on Blu-ray when it came out. The bonus features are pretty cool, including one featurette about the martial arts training and firearms.

My favorite scene, by far, is the farm house fight with the wave at the end. Cracks me up every time.

Regarding the final scene when Affleck's character has all the tactical gear on, I noticed he had a small knife mounted on the front of his vest. Anyone happen to know what knife that is?

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I watched The Accountant after seeing Wick and enjoyed it just as much. I had never seen it in the theater so it was fresh and exciting to watch. The character Affleck portrays, Christian Wolff, is more of a brawler than a martial artist like Wick but he utilizes some of the same grappling and shooting techniques. He's just a little sloppier at it. Where Wick takes one shot at someone's head, Wolff needs two or three.

I laughed long and hard at a couple of scenes, such as him killing the hitmen sent to the farmers' home, then waving goodbye and wandering off. His final kill of the movie was hilarious, too. "Sorry..."

I hope there's a sequel for this movie.

That hitman he killed is my old joy jitsu coach fair fletcher. He was in breaking bad, sicario, westworld....a bunch of stuff.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I loved this movie, it was not ruined by some awkward love scene thrown into it. He remained wonderfully awkward throughout.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
He remained wonderfully awkward throughout.

Except when he was killing...or doing the accounts.

Posts: 3908 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I freakin' love the awkward interactions between Wolff and Dana.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
I've watched it twice now - I was amazed at how many things I didn't catch the first time through I caught the second time through.

*spoilers*

The first time I watched it I didn't catch at ALL that the girl who only communicates through the computer was his handler on the phone throughout. Completely missed that, and it made me enjoy the end even more.

Very good movie!

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by md-lucky:
*spoilers*

The first time I watched it I didn't catch at ALL that the girl who only communicates through the computer was his handler on the phone throughout. Completely missed that ...

I didn't even realize this. No wonder she always spoke "heavy sigh".

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
*spoilers*

The first time I watched it I didn't catch at ALL that the girl who only communicates through the computer

Same here. I didn't catch that on the first viewing and went "holy shit" during the second viewing.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
We bought the Blue Ray for our library. Wife and I enjoyed it and will watch it again.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Flew home last night on a Delta flight and had super low expectations - from the trailer I thought Affleck would be his typical weak self ... but surprisingly, I really liked the movie.

SPOILER: I figured his brother would show up in some fashion, or that he was his brother (if you know what I mean), and that the London phone girl was a computer, but was still pleased with the ending/twists. Smile

I'll likely wacth it again.

Really liked the Father saying that the 1st decision anyone ever has to make is whether or not you'll be a victim; the 2nd decision is to act or not (e.g. action).

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by md-lucky:
*spoilers*

The first time I watched it I didn't catch at ALL that the girl who only communicates through the computer was his handler on the phone throughout. Completely missed that ...

I didn't even realize this. No wonder she always spoke "heavy sigh".

I think things like that are what made the movie great. For example, I saw the innocuous scene in Aliens where Riply was moving cargo. I figured that was going to show up later and it did when she fought the alien.

With the accountant, I didn't see it coming. BUT it made sense looking back at when they first met.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19570 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I really liked this movie, I hope there is a sequel.

I figured out the brother pretty early, but I never saw "the voice" coming

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was good. But my nitpicky thing is that he isn't wearing eye protection when shooting a Barrett?

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I like most movies with Mark Isham music. RIP JK.

Posts: 3478 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post