SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Peter Zeihan lectures
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peter Zeihan lectures Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted
I just watched his recent 1:25:06 long lecture about Ukraine/Russia/Europe/US/China. Petroleum future/natural gas/economics/a wide range of subjects.

Try <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdmYkcRGemk> He does have web site and an abundance of shorter links to his other commentaries.

Wondering what others may have to say regarding his ideas.

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've listened to many podcasts featuring Zeihan, and have read his book. It's all very fascinating. I have no doubt thing will ultimately work out the way he says, but not to the degree he thinks. I think his conclusions are based upon if those in question sit back and do nothing. For example the coming worker shortage in China and their inevitable collapse. The Chinese know this and that's why they are working so hard on robotics and AI. No doubt their share of the pie is going to shrink because of demographics on the production and consumer side, but I think the CCP is not going anywhere. Anytime soon.

Posts: 7529 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's all very fascinating. I have no doubt thing will ultimately work out the way he says, but not to the degree he thinks.

Agree. His time scale seems pretty abrupt as well.

Given this is my first visit with his action packed narrative, I'll wait for a little more exposure prior to making any conclusion.

The Big Question is whether he keeps up his pace, and is it worth the time to follow his hour + events?

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post