SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I've been bingeing on Grey's Anatomy - Do I need an intervention?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've been bingeing on Grey's Anatomy - Do I need an intervention? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Will Derek sign the papers, dump Addison and take up with Meredith? Can Preston and Cristina's relationship ever work? And what the hell is up with Alex?

Seriously, I've been watching 3 episodes a night and not really wanting to stop there, but it's late.

If I start watching Oprah, somebody just shoot me m'kay?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I don't know about you, but when I binge a show that's got a bunch of seasons, I tend to burn out with a season or two left. Just take care that you don't end up hating the show cuz you're watching so much so quickly!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You wont be subject to a firing squad until you begin to watch The View.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
You wont be subject to a firing squad until you begin to watch The View.

What’s wrong with The View. It’s my primary source for news and current events.

Razz

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the show quite a bit up until the point where they purchased the hospital.

** I’ll leave the details out to avoid any spoilers.

The “double-oh-seven” episode will break your heart.

Actually a lot of them will, that show kills off main characters like Game of Thrones.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Always been more of a House fan, over Grey's.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15248 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I burned out on House a while back. Same plot on every episode: Patient has mysterious disease, staff tries everything under the Sun, patient is circling the drain, House in for the save at the last minute.

I sincerely hope Grey's doesn't go there.

@ Orguss - yeah, I'm familiar with the phenomenon. Been there, done that on a couple of shows.

@ YooperSigs - If I wake up and The View is on, there won't be any need for a squad, I'll do myself!

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
wife has seen every single episode,

I tried it once, and said nope,

we used to watch ER,, but that was many moons ago

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I burned out on House a while back. Same plot on every episode: Patient has mysterious disease, staff tries everything under the Sun, patient is circling the drain, House in for the save at the last minute.

True, there is some repetition with the cycle of each episode. But, similar to something like Longmire, the overarching backstory takes the focus & the episodes just drive it forward.

When I went from Bosch to Longmire. the shift from a season-long 'catch the bad guy' to a new bad guy every 1-3 episodes was a bit of an adjustment.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15248 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
How many seasons in are you? It goes off the rails eventually and too much anti-god LGBTQXYZ crap injected into the show for me.

I guess there's at least 18 seasons and my wife stopped watching due to BLM and COVID propaganda this past year. I lost interest after a couple of seasons. After the main players left the show (the chick from the ugly truth, the asian gal and whoever played Dr Shepherd) it lost its way.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5394 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
How many seasons in are you? It goes off the rails eventually and too much anti-god LGBTQXYZ crap injected into the show for me.

I guess there's at least 18 seasons and my wife stopped watching due to BLM and COVID propaganda this past year. I lost interest after a couple of seasons. After the main players left the show (the chick from the ugly truth, the asian gal and whoever played Dr Shepherd) it lost its way.

Tony.

Yeah, I kinda suspected it'd go that way eventually. I'm mostly through Season 2 and it's still interesting to me. Once it gets too PC, I'll drop it. I've dropped a couple of otherwise decent shows because of it. I won't be preached to.

chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I watched three seasons of this with my wife and daughter. After season three it jumps the shark IMHO.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
I watched three seasons of this with my wife and daughter. After season three it jumps the shark IMHO.

This is often the case. I figure most network shows have three to four full seasons in them before they start rehashing old material and plot lines. In more recent years, it may be a season or so longer, but that is because there are fewer shows per season. I have been proven correct time after time.

I never watched Gray's Anatomy, though, so I got no help for you PHPaul.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife used to watch it. Everybody dies.

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Mr Paul, I love Grey's Anatomy...it's gets a bit deep sometimes...some seasons don't have an ounce of let up...all sad drama.

Otherwise I think it's a hell of a good show...

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6300 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post