SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Whiter Shade of Pale
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whiter Shade of Pale Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted
Trying to learn how to embed a vid using Ipad.
Love this song.

Success!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10911 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra does a great version of this and of another great song from the era: Nights in White Satin.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16121 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
It always reminds me of The Big Chill.

Posts: 20130 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I love the sound of that Hammond organ, too. It was a M100, not a B3, by the way, but it was still a real tonewheel organ.

Trippy, man.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember it having a lot more Leslie amp in it .
Clearly I am mixing it up with another tune.

After listening to 7 artists versions,
Only two are acceptable,
P.H. and Annie Lennox.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54695 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I remember it having a lot more Leslie amp in it .
Clearly I am mixing it up with another tune.

The organ player, Fisher, turned the Leslie off and on at various points during the song, and you can hear the Leslie spin up when he switches it on.

https://www.procolharum.com/99/awsop_repeat.htm

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swampdog
posted Hide Post

Here they are performing it 40 years later at Ledreborg Castle, Denmark along with the Danish National Concert Orchestra and choir. Dudes still had it. It’s my favorite performance of such a great song.

Posts: 588 | Location: Colorado via South Louisiana | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post