SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire Login/Join 
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted

Thoughts?

I'm surprised they coaxed Bill Murray back for one more go. Not a fan of Patton Oswalt, he's a tool.

Posts: 11199 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I think Afterlife was great and earned enough good will for me to want to see this.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7790 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Good to see Ackroyd and Murray strapping on the kit again tho.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also really liked Afterlife, so I’ll see this for sure.

Posts: 427 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll buy a ticket to see it, and maybe later the DVD (if available) for good measure.

Posts: 3300 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Looks like it'll be pretty good. Unless I hear, in the interim, they screwed it up: I'm in!
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I think Afterlife was great ...
quote:
Originally posted by p226gsd:
I also really liked Afterlife, ...
Afterlife rocked!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I agree with the others. I watched Afterlife on the airplane with fairly low expectations and really enjoyed it.

I dont go to the theater anymore, but I'll watch this one.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9727 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Highly enjoyed Afterlife so will be seeing this in the theater.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25586 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Trailer dropped today.

Posts: 11199 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, they brought back just about everyone they could, even Dickless who I understand endured quite a bit of bad behavior by fans of the movies.

Who's missing, Signourny Weaver, Rick Moranis...

Posts: 14936 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I guess I've got to wait to see the movie to find out how Walter Peck still doesn't believe in ghosts, despite being at ground zero and turning off the containment unit, as well as seeing the aftermath of the battle with Zuul.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18062 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Here is the Indian cut of the trailer. Didn't realize James Acaster was in this. I like him. I'm guessing he'll be the stooge that starts all the bad stuff like they have in every one of these movies.

posted Hide Post
The first two were childhood favorites, liked Afterlife too. Looking forward to this but hoping the freezing thing doesn't morph into some bullshit climate change stuff. It is hollyweird after all.

Posts: 2216 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It appears the latest installment is out.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movi...x-office/ar-BB1kmjP7

And the reviews are meh..

https://www.rottentomatoes.com...usters_frozen_empire

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rat2306,

Posts: 3300 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Stop giving your money to assholes who hate you.

Posts: 108619 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Stop giving your money to assholes who hate you.

Can't disagree with this. If we stop watching the garbage coming out of "hollywood" the sooner those assholes go broke the better it is for the entire USA.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Saw it last night and we enjoyed it. Kept very well with all the old Ghostbuster vibes.
Not nearly as good as afterlife but it was a nice way to spend the evening.

And the fact that Ernie Hudson is 79 years old is nuts! Dude looks no different than he did in Congo and that was like 30 years ago!

******SPOILER ALERT*******
I was a little frustrated with tip toeing the line of the 15/16 year old lesbian love interest. If they had been adult characters I am sure they would have added enough to cross the line.
While they put in som tidbits to have more movies down the line.
I am afraid the premise of the next movie will be that Phoebe will try to engineer something that will bring the ghosts back to life so she can bring Melody back.

If that is the case then they will have officially jumped the shark and pissed me off.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25586 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post