SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What is your favorite TV show theme song?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite TV show theme song? Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
I've got to go with this:

WKRP is a close second:

Posts: 20129 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
The first two that come to mind for me are:

Green Acres
Miami Vice

Oh, and there’s King of the Hill:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/W0-IpoyEHkE

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Probably the old "Magnum PI" opening theme.

Love the "Monty Python" opener as well.

Currently enjoying the PBS show "Detectorist's". Great opening theme.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4364 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are so many good ones that it's impossible to pick the best. I'll just put this one by Henry Mancini in to show the depth of the available pool:

This one by Richard Rogers was not so great in itself, but it promised what followed, like "Guadalcanal March", "Theme of the Fast Carriers" and "Beneath the Southern Cross."

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9176 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1308 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Easy. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...The A-Team.

Posts: 2526 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I always like the theme from Cheers

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I love the A-Team but the intro song isn’t a great song/score
Honestly it comes down to either

“Making your way in this world today takes everything you got.....” CHEERS

“Take my love, take my land take me where I cannot stand.....” FIREFLY

but honestly the FIRST THING that pops to mind is.....

“Just a good ole’ boys....never meaning no harm. Been in trouble with the law since they day they was born...”. DUKES OF HAZZARD.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7693 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Dallas

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7659 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UpTheIrons
posted Hide Post
The theme from the '70s S.W.A.T.

“I used to be totally into Steve Vai and Joe Satriani and other shredders, and I tried to emulate what they did and really grow as a guitarist,” Mr. Hanneman said in “Louder Than Hell.” “Then I said, ‘I don’t think I’m that talented, but more important, I don’t care.’ ”

Posts: 1726 | Location: Arizona Territory | Registered: February 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The Sopranos

Hawaii Five-O

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
+1 for Airwolf. I would also have to add the intros to Robotech, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Galaxie Rangers, and others.

I'd have to pick just one, it would be The Cruel Angel's Thesis.

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Barney Miller,

Night Court as well,

and +1 to Firefly

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10435 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21121 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Of all time? Probably the Jefferson's:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L09qnRfZY-k

And The Sopranos, and Justified, and a bunch of others.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Tour of Duty. Uses the Stones Paint it Black.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
This is the TV theme, though I like the theatrical release version, too.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21853 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Peter Gunn
Route 66
Mission Impossible
M*A*S*H
George of the Jungle

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post