SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Volbeat. How is it possible I am just hearing them now?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Volbeat. How is it possible I am just hearing them now? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
How have I missed these dudes for the last 20 plus years?????
Just recently started showing up in my TOOL station on Pandora.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
es a metal band where the singer actually sings not grunt.Where the lead guitarist plys notes and melody. Try Lola Montez if you want to get your blood flowing.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Even if you don't recognize the band name, I guarantee you've heard A Warrior's Call before. It was their first #1 hit, and was all over the place about a decade ago: radio, TV, movie trailers, commercials, video games, sports intros, etc.

They're a bit of an oxymoron... They have a unique sound (as in, you'll instantly recognize it as Volbeat if you hear a snippet of one of their songs), but at time same time most of their songs all sound basically the same. I got bored with them after a little while, a while back.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
They used to be a Death Metal Band, where they sing and it sounds like they are grunting (and I also like that kind of music).

I saw them here in th big city, at an outdoor concert, and they were AMAZING!

I have all of their albums (yes I am that old to still say album).

And Michael Poulson is the Metal Elvis Big Grin Razz Big Grin

But they are a great band!

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
First time I heard Shotgun Blues, I immediately bought the album. I actually like the song, Say No More, more than Shotgun Blues, though.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Dominus was the first band.

Then they morphed into Volbeat at the end of that one.

Lots and lots of cool bands you never heard of from that area.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
A few of my favorites by them:

Lola Montez
Fan-made video but VERY well done.

Die To Live
(With Neil Fallon from Clutch)
love the piano and the sax in this one!

Lonesome Rider
(With Sarah Blackwood)

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I love me some Volbeat. This is one of my favorites.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Shotgun blues is a good tune. Love the guitar riffing and tone.

Like others have said, they are a little one-sided.

Posts: 5136 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I don’t listen to music like this since I quit going to the rock pile, about 10 years ago, but…I like ‘em. Melodic hard rock is hard to come by.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Die to Live with Neil Fallen is one of my favorites of theirs. But I am also a Clutch fan as well.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Singer sounds like the guy in Fear.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Even if you don't recognize the band name, I guarantee you've heard A Warrior's Call before. It was their first #1 hit, and was all over the place about a decade ago: radio, TV, movie trailers, commercials, video games, sports intros, etc.

They're a bit of an oxymoron... They have a unique sound (as in, you'll instantly recognize it as Volbeat if you hear a snippet of one of their songs), but at time same time most of their songs all sound basically the same. I got bored with them after a little while, a while back.

Listened to Warriors Call and can honestly say I had never heard it. Not sure what rock I have been hiding under.
I am going on about a week now with them in solid rotation. I really like their sound but I am beginning to see how one can/could get bored with it somewhat quickly.

Though I have to revert back a little and say I actually have heard them before I just had no idea who they were nor did I pay much attention.

They did Metallica’s Don’t Tread On Me for the Blacklist Tribute Album.

I listened to each song once when it first came out (pretty sure there was a thread about it here) and was not overly impressed with any of them and I went about my business.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post