New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Old Way Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
This looks good. Seeing 5 star reviews. NOTE: this is the film where the armorer made handling errors prior to working on Rust.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
A little bit of Unforgiven, a little bit of True Grit. I'd watch it.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must say Nicholas Cage has to be the hardest working man in Hollywood.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
It reminded me of Unforgiven, Pale Rider, and News of the World. Clean plot-line with no fluff, tight direction, and good performances, especially the little girl. A basic revenge flick with some welcome extra attention to character development.

You know exactly where the movie is going, and see the end coming a mile away, but still a good ride.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Saw it today. It was ok, a little slow but, as stated above, the daughter was good in her part, enjoyable to watch. Not the role you would expect.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With as uneven as Nicolas Cage has been in his selection of movies to be in, I didn't expect to finish this one but was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was competently done and enjoyed it to the end.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
In case you were wondering...

quote:
"Rust was Gutierrez-Reed's second film serving as lead armorer. On her first film, The Old Way, several crew members complained about her handling of firearms, including an incident in which she discharged a weapon without warning and caused lead actor Nicolas Cage to walk off set."

Wikipedia

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I'll need to check this out.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post