SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Last Duel (HBO Streaming)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last Duel (HBO Streaming) Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
If you haven’t figured out the movie by the end of the wedding dance (20 minutes of 2.5 hours), just keep watching. LOL

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
We watched it last night. I liked it but they could have trimmed it down a bit.

Rashomon like where they show the same story told from different viewpoints. Some subtle some large differences in the story depending on viewpoint. Could have moved just a bit faster.

Posts: 2716 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Watched it this past weekend.

Long and slow-paced, but well done.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kingdom of Heaven is one of my all-time favorite movies. Those of you that have seen both, how do they compare? I know the subject matter is different; I mean how do they compare in terms of being a Ridley Scott medieval epic, in overall vibe and quality?

Posts: 2184 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If you liked Kingdom of Heaven, you'll probably like this.

Kingdom of Heaven has a bit more action, and The Last Duel is more focused on dialogue.

It does feel a little overly long in places, but it's good overall.

Posts: 32538 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I've been interested in seeing this movie since first hearing the historical story behind it.

Just tried to reserve it at the library but, as a new release we can't put holds on it. Luckily, one copy is showing as in their inventory so I'm going to try to slip by and snag it. I'm guessing that this story won't appeal to many of the library patrons, so maybe not much demand for checking it out.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
It was good overall. Wish there had been a bit more action, but the actual duel was well done.

I really appreciated that armor in this movie actually worked.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Watched it this past weekend.

Long and slow-paced, but well done.

My shooting pal watched it in dubbed Turkish last week - said it was about the funniest thing he'd seen in years.

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When they started the third POV story both my wife and I groaned. They didn’t pay their editors enough because that movie was waaaaay too long.

I’m also not sure what you mean by figuring it out. You have 3 versions of the truth depending on the viewpoint. I have no idea who was telling the truth and honestly by the end I didn’t care.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The three perspectives makes the movie lengthy but, for such a highly-charged topic, especially in that period of time, editing it down for expediency will only leave important parts missing.

I throughly enjoy Ridley Scott movies because of their detail to attention and world shaping. One of Scott's talents is creating the world, showing the details of it and how the actors are 'apart of this world. He's arguably one of the finest big epic, period-theme'd, producers ever in cinema history.

As for Kingdom of Heaven, quite a bit of literary license compared to the actual historical events, and ONLY watch the Director's Cut version, as the theater release version is full of gaps and plot holes.

Posts: 14672 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
As for Kingdom of Heaven... ONLY watch the Director's Cut version, as the theater release version is full of gaps and plot holes.

Definitely.

Posts: 32538 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post