SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Oscar Rolex Commercial

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Oscar Rolex Commercial Login/Join 
posted
Who can name all the watches shown with their movies and actors?

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Report This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Link. https://youtu.be/hDcAhtd8IXg

Can't embed bc I'm on my phone.

It opens with Peter Sellers in the original 1955 Lady killers I think. Then Paul Newman in The Color of Money? Then Faye Dunaway in Network. I don't know the Harrison Ford movie off hand. Skip one or two and you have (I assume) Apollo 13. Then Bill Paxton diving the Titanic with James Cameron. Skip a few and I see Owen Wilson putting on his dive gear in The Life Aquatic, then Terrence Howard in Hustle & Flow, then Brando for the 2nd time as Kurtz from AN. Guy Pearce from LA Confidential and then Charles Bronson but I don't know which movie.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Report This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
James Bond immediately comes to mind. Wonder why 007 isn't there. He wore a Sub in the first few pictures.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Report This Post
Picture of KJacques
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
James Bond immediately comes to mind. Wonder why 007 isn't there. He wore a Sub in the first few pictures.

Struck me as well that they would omit one of the most iconic movie characters. Also, Lazenby wore a Sub in O.H.M.S.S. as well as Roger Moore with the bullet deflecting, zipper opening, rope cutting Q branch edition in Live and Let Die and Man with the Golden Gun. Even Dalton sported a Sub in Licence to Kill.

I thought the end of the commercial with Bronson from the Mechanic killed it tho!

The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:

I think Bond has really come to be associated with the Seamaster.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Report This Post