SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Michael J. Pollard passed away
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael J. Pollard passed away Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
There are some actors who seem like they should remain always young. This was one of them. How could he have been 80? Yeah, I know- simple math. Still, though...

Michael J. Pollard, ‘Bonnie and Clyde’ dead at 80

Posts: 107509 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I believe I just saw him in an episode of Star Trek.

RIP

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
He was the same guy in every movie.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Yeah, the one with all the kids, right? I first saw him in an episode of Lost in Space.

And before that, he did an episode of The Andy Griffith Show.

Recently, I saw Next of Kin for the first time in forever, and he played the hotel clerk, Harold.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107509 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw him in Little Fauss and Big Halsey - yes, in theaters - and then he kind of...disappeared.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065989/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0689488/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Didn't know his name, but he was one of those faces you always recognized.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
RIP Little Fauss, loved that movie. Yes, he'll always be "the kid".

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
He was also in "Scrooged" with Bill Murray.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JD83
posted Hide Post
"Your legend burned out long before
Your candle ever did…

-Elton John

Posts: 352 | Location: Blue Heaven  | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
He was in Tango and Cash too.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

RIP

Miri. Excellent performance. And I didn't have to google it.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Roxanne with Steve Martin. RiP Mr. Pollard

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
He also played Barney’s clumsy cousin in one episode of the Andy Griffith show.

Michael

Posts: 1101 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0689488/

Liked him , I'd put him in a movie.

he had an ok run as an actor.

I wonder if he had a second job to make ends meet , though

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54610 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Had no idea he was that old. RIP Mr. Pollard

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I liked him in Bonnie and Clyde.

RIP.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I liked him, RIP Michael.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Was he ugly-handsome or handsome-ugly? However that may be, I enjoyed his appearing in a movie; kind of like finding an old wheat penny. RIP.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
And before that, he did an episode of The Andy Griffith Show

That's where I remember him from.

RIP

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
A friend told me last night that it was Michael J Pollard who thought up the name of the song by Traffic: “The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys”.

quote:

Traffic drummer Jim Capaldi started writing this song in Morocco, where he was getting ready to make a movie called Nevertheless with actor Michael J. Pollard. The film project fell through, but did lead to one of Traffic's best-known songs. Said Capaldi: "Pollard and I would sit around writing lyrics all day, talking about Bob Dylan and the Band, thinking up ridiculous plots for the movie. Before I left Morocco, Pollard wrote in my book 'The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys.' For me, it summed him up. He had this tremendous rebel attitude. He walked around in his cowboy boots, his leather jacket. At the time he was a heavy little dude. It seemed to sum up all the people of that generation who were just rebels. The 'Low Spark,' for me, was the spirit, high-spirited. You know, standing on a street corner. The low rider. The 'Low Spark' meaning that strong undercurrent at the street level."

https://www.songfacts.com/fact...-of-high-heeled-boys

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post