SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Joe Satriani and Steve Vai concert tour…
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Satriani and Steve Vai concert tour… Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Surfing with the Alien was always one of my go-to running tapes. Coming to my area in April 2024, pre-sales on the 13th of November.

The $300 VIP package is actually a pretty good deal for what you get; especially when you compare it to what other bands might charge for similar experiences.

VIP Package – $304

One premium reserved seat

Early entry into the venue

Intimate pre-show Q&A with Joe Satriani & Steve Vai

Exclusive group photo in front of the stage with Joe & Steve

Collectible Satriani & Vai guitar pick set with custom case

Specially designed Satriani & Vai postcard set; autographed by Joe & Steve

Satriani & Vai commemorative ticket

Satriani & Vai VIP laminate with lanyard

Priority merchandise shopping

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sounds like it will be a great show, I will have to see if they're coming to my area.

I saw Eric Johnson (was part of the original G3 tour with Satriani and Vai) a few weeks ago and he was stellar!

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I really want to see this tour as well, but I will settle for a more earth-bound price.

One of my friends said G3 with EJ, SV and JS all > was supposed to be coming > that would be awesome.
Satriani especially is on of my all-time favs. Cool

Posts: 22915 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really want to see this tour as well, but I will settle for a more earth-bound price.

For what it worth, the $300 is just for the VIP package. More reasonable prices are definitely available.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen Vai and Satriani together twice. They put on a hell of a show. First time I saw Vai play was in tiny little club. Terry Bozzio brought his full drum kit and it took up fully half the stage. Seeing that show in that small a venue was epic.

I’m not entirely sure Vai is human. At the very least he was created in a lab to be a perfect guitar player. Dude can palm a bowling ball.

Have fun. I’ve heard they go out of their way to make the premium ticket worthwhile.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Bummer no AZ venues.
SLC is the closest they get.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
They just went on sale here - $108 per.

I've seen Satriani many times, but never Vai.
Would like to see this.
I believe Joe played here last night but I did not go.
It would nice to see G3, have seen Eric Johnson a few times as well.
All three spectacular artists.
Only recently watched John Petrucci and it was on a great level as the above.
Just might have to pay for an all time high price ... for me. Eek

Posts: 22915 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw G3 when it was Satriani, Vai and Yngvie Malmsteen. Hell of a show. I also saw Satriani with Deep Purple and Thin Lizzy. A retro show which was weird as Satriani is much newer. Also a great show.

Tony

Posts: 315 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonydec:
I also saw Satriani with Deep Purple and Thin Lizzy.
A retro show which was weird as Satriani is much newer.
Also a great show.

Thin Lizzy and Deep Purple are two of my most favorite bands of all time - having Satch in there too must have been epic. Cool

posted Hide Post
Satriani is also touring with Hagar, apparently they’re going to do a whole lot of VH’s catalog.

Posts: 473 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post