SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Deadliest Catch or Port Protection?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deadliest Catch or Port Protection? Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
New season of Deadliest Catch starts Tuesday night as well as an new episode of Port Protection. Both are on at the same time. I don't have a DVR, so I will have to pick one or the other. I'm learning towards Port Protection.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4032 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me Deadliest Catch. I just can't get into Port Protection.....I watched about 6 episodes one season and found it ok, but nothing thrilling. I have a feeling they'll be at the same time the entire season so might have to make a choice......don't they usually air Deadliest Catch 2 hours later on the same night same station every week? Or is that only Gold Rush?

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Port Protection. More interesting and relaxing viewing. Narration is not annoying. More emphasis on the people, not the adventure. Adrenaline junkies like Deadliest Catch.

Posts: 17478 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
For me Deadliest Catch. I just can't get into Port Protection.....I watched about 6 episodes one season and found it ok, but nothing thrilling. I have a feeling they'll be at the same time the entire season so might have to make a choice......don't they usually air Deadliest Catch 2 hours later on the same night same station every week? Or is that only Gold Rush?

Your probably right on that.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4032 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I'm into Port Protection, I would love to live there.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I've never seen Port Protection but I've seen a lot of Deadliest Catch. It just gets repetitive after the first 3 seasons. And you can tell the stardom from the show is starting to get to some of the guys in the later seasons.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18090 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I've been to the area where Port Protection is. The weather is not severe (cold) as it is in the interior. It is wet most of the time. It is part of the Tongass National Forest. It is in the Largest Temperate Rain Forest in the World.

Living the Dream

posted Hide Post
I like Port Protection better than Deadliest Catch. I watched 'Catch' for the first few seasons (for a couple seasons after Phil died) - by that time there seemed to be a lot of manufactured drama on and off boat.

I really like 'The Last Alaskans', 'Port Protection' isn't as good, but it's in the same style.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1766 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post