SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Raquel Welch died today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raquel Welch died today Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A sad day for my fantasies. I've said for years, that if anyone is entertaining fears of latent homosexuality, they should rent a copy of Bedazzled, a movie with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, in which she played the part of Lust, one of the seven deadly sins. Seeing her in that role, should settle it for you.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Was just hitting puberty, or near there abouts, around the time or shortly after One Million Years B.C came out.

I would go with my older brother to his friends house to work on his drag car... A 1957 Chevy Nomad wagon that would lift the front wheels when he hit 2nd gear... I didn't help them much, I mostly stared at a poster of Raquel from the movie he had stapled up on the garage wall. I still can picture it like it was yesterday.

Gone but not forgotten...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A true beauty, an icon.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
A sad day for my fantasies. I've said for years, that if anyone is entertaining fears of latent homosexuality, they should rent a copy of Bedazzled, a movie with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, in which she played the part of Lust, one of the seven deadly sins. Seeing her in that role, should settle it for you.

Was camping in Ontario Canada with my 9 year old son. We towed an aluminum fishing boat and dropped in whatever lake looked interesting. The first lake we dropped in, had some congestion at the launch ramp. Group of paddlers just returning giving us strange envious looks drinking cold drinks, and another group of city boys petty criminals who were punished with wilderness camping.

In between a couple of lakes we stayed at a little road side family run motel. The motherly instinct of the lady at the counter kicked in, and we got a room for $18. The room included mosquito leaky screens and cable TV. We hadn't seen any TV for a while and whatever whoever picked the channel decided what to watch, we had no choice.

Bedazzled was on, and it was borderline too racy for my young son. Raquel in that red lingerie was quite a sight for a man fresh out of the woods.

My first exposure to Raquel also came when I was quite young in the form of a framed picture of her in a bikini on the wall of my grandfather's carpenter shop at his summer cabin on an island on Lake of the Woods Ontario.

Lots of talk of too much being made of looks and not character or ones mind. That's Raquel Welch.

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heartily concur with the last line of this Breitbart article regarding her career. Note to self; I must get a copy of "Hannie Caulder".

https://www.breitbart.com/ente...her-must-see-movies/

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hannie Caulder is a gritty and underrated western and well worth a look.
When in HS, I shared classes with not one, but two girls who bore a strong resemblance to Welch.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
The first sexy pics I ever held and owned were of Welch, a tri-fold of maybe 3"x5" pics, that I can almost still see if I try. Mild stuff -- bikini pics -- but pretty hot, secret stuff for the six- or seven-year-old me back in the early '70s. You never forget your first.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hannie Caulder will be on Grit TV tonight at 8:00 EST.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Hannie Caulder is a gritty and underrated western and well worth a look.
When in HS, I shared classes with not one, but two girls who bore a strong resemblance to Welch.

Thanks to NOCkid's post, I caught it last night for perhaps the first time in 50 years. Great cast (I have "Bandolero" on DVD, also a great cast) to include Christopher Lee.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

You too ?

Jackie Johnson
In 7th grade.

The first female my own age that
I took notice of, in "that" way.

She looked like a sophomore in college.

I can't imagine how many hearts she broke.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
First, RIP Ms. Welch, one of my first true crushes (the other being Emma Peel).

Didn't have any girls who looked like Raquel in either Jr High or High School. Did have one that looked like Barbara Eden in Jr. High and a couple in High School who looked like Cheryl Ladd of Charlie's Angels time frame.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post