SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Book karma: science fiction - Winner: mark123
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Book karma: science fiction - Winner: mark123 Login/Join 
posted
Up for karma is a set of eight hardback books. The only requirement is to have a USA address in your profile and the intent read these or give them to someone that will.

One winner will be picked in a few days and the set of books sent via USPS media mail.

Books in this set:

• Dream Park by Larry Niven & Steven Barnes
  • The Mote in God's Eye by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle
  • Foundation's Friends edited by Martin Greenberg
  • The Dragon and the George by Gordon R Dickson
  • The Fountains of Paradize by Arthur C Clarke
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C Clarke
  • Science Fiction Hall of Fame Volume One by Robert Silverberg
  • So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish by Douglas Adams

UPDATE: A random selection has chosen are mark123 for this karma.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bryan11,

Posts: 2365 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I’m in! I’m a hardcore sci-fi bibliophile.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17275 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Please count me in!!!

Have been reading sci-fi since I was 13!!

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I’m in. A Mote in God’s Eye has been in my wishlist for quite some time.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you liked them I’m in. Thanks. I love sci fi but there is some bad stuff out there among the gems.

Posts: 7469 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Please toss my name into the hat. I’ve always been a big fan of science fiction. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Most excellent! Thanks so much.

Email sent.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
The books arrived today. Thank you so much.

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I don't know why but I get a kick out of finding errors in books. These are from 2001: A Space Odyssey pp.50, 51 (not finished with it but no other errors noticed yet). Smile

I remember starting 2001 in 5th grade and never finishing it. I'm happy to have the chance. I love this book.

I'm going to rekarma a couple of these soon.