SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Hunter Killer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunter Killer Login/Join 
posted
Any one looking forward to this movie? I'm a big fan of Hunt for Red October and Crimson Tide, so it's on my list.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I'm betting this is more "Battleship" than "Red October.". .

Looks exceedingly cheesy.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
From the ads and trailers, it is going to exceed my "suspension of disbelief" threshold by a wide margin. I'm going to pass.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12915 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I know nothing about this movie; however, the Pentagon thought hosting a press conference with the movie's star, Gerard Butler, was a good idea:

https://youtu.be/j6jqT8xnr4A

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18090 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good movie to watch while cleaning my guns.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...320039444#8320039444

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12924 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a sucker for submarine movies. Even Down Periscope.
One of my Favorites:
Assault On A Queen
With Ol'Blue Eyes!
I will probably see this just for the submarine factor.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16375 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post