SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Well, I’ll tell you Stu, I did battle some humongous waves.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, I’ll tell you Stu, I did battle some humongous waves. Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
But, you know, just like I told the guy on ABC “Danger is my business!”

I am astounded. We are 13 months away from 40 years of the original release date of this film. I can’t believe I’ve been watching this for nearly 40 years and enjoy just as much now as I did in the early 80’s. Spicoli, Mr. Hand, Rat, Damone, Bradley, and Linda…I will remember until I’m dead and senile.

Aloha!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Hey Stu, nice jacket!

Aloha Mr. Hand

What an incredible! I still enjoy it.

My wife hates it when I watch it.

Not sure if you are old enough, But I believe Mr. Hand was on My Favorite Martian.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
It says one hundred percent guaranteed, you moron!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Posts: 20084 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it!

Big Grin

movie is like a time capsule in many ways.

fun to see the young performers and the careers they went onto -- lots of names in there -- Nick Cage, Eric Stolz, Forest Whitaker, etc.

the Phoebe Cates scene has got to be one of the top ten most memorable scenes in film history -- 40 years later you can't help but think of it when Moving In Stereo plays on the radio.

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:

Not sure if you are old enough, But I believe Mr. Hand was on My Favorite Martian.

Yes, that was Ray Walston in the TV show and in that movie.

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

movie is like a time capsule in many ways.

For me it was a much simpler, and better time. Common courtesy was still there in society, for the most part. Honestly, I’d trade away the internet, and everything else we have today to have a simpler life like back then. You still had the radio back then, and it was good. Music was good. Good films. VCR’s and cable were available. And nobody had to deal with ass holes driving or in public with their phones. Take Rat, for example, he didn’t text Damone to go fetch his wallet for him at the restaurant. He had to use a pay phone.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
“You dick!”

I kinda miss seeing Judge Reinhold. Between this and Beverly Hills Cop, he was in some of the best comedies of that era.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
........That was my skull.....I'm so wasted!
Big Grin

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1902 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I can see it all now, this is gonna be just like last summer. You fell in love with that girl at the Fotomat, you bought forty dollars worth of fuckin' film, and you never even talked to her. You don't even own a camera.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6723 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
Great movie from my senior year in high school! I always have to stop when flipping channels, especially the pool scene.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I remember seeing it at the theater. Still enjoy it to this day, and frequently quote it.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mister, if you don't shut up I'm gonna kick 100% of your ass!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
No shirt
No shoes
No dice

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
Yeah! The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
People on ‘ludes should not drive.

This is U.S. History, I see the globe right there.

Hey I know that dude!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archerman,

Archerman

Posts: 2484 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post