SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "The Laundromat" on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Laundromat" on Netflix Login/Join 
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted
My wife and I just watched "The Laundromat" on Netflix (a Netflix movie).

This movie was entertaining and smart, but was very left leaning (down with the rich), but it explained some of the intricacies with our money (i.e. shell corporations).

While I totally am in disagreement with the premise that the rich don't pay their share I still found this to be an entertaining movie.

this movie did give my wife and I some laughs.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the movie until the end when meryl took a political turn. completely turned me off and gave the movie a thumbs down for that reason alone

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
We just watched last night, well, kinda. The wife nodded off quickly. Lucky her. I picked up where this was going early, it delivered. In the end, pretty cartoonish in character and message. Big names, slick enough production, a good moment here and there. After seeing the Streep character watch Obama on tv, Eek Eek, and the "statue of liberty", I more than regretted the time I'd lost.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
I must agree that I am glad I didn't pay more than my annual Netflix subscription to watch this.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read the synopsis of this movie earlier today and thought it might be worth a watch - until I saw that Streep was in it. Decided to give it a pass and read a book instead.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I tried to watch this. As soon as I heard that whimsical background music at the start I knew this was probably not my cup-o-tea. Fell asleep after about 10 minutes, and snoozed for about 15 minutes. Woke up and went to the garage and sharpened a few knives on my new Workmate which was more entertaining than that movie.

I really dislike Streep because of her politics but readily acknowledge her acting skills. In this case, even an Oscar winning performance couldn't save this movie.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post