SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    NSFW - Deadpool 2 Teaser
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NSFW - Deadpool 2 Teaser Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Saw it with my 19 YO son back from college. We both liked it quite a bit, some really good laughs, but in general, the "lazy writing" quip was used too often because it needed to be. Solidly entertaining movie but the first was better.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
the "lazy writing" quip was used too often because it needed to be. Solidly entertaining movie but the first was better.

I thought that was a pretty funny bit and a little of why I think it's better than the first. They had no qualms about making fun of themselves in the movie and it was pretty funny from the getgo. The "death" scene was a little too long and I felt that it should of been wrapped up a little sooner, but otherwise it was aces.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Saw it last night. It was very good, but probably only about 65% as good as the original. Just didn't come together for me, and I didn't laugh as much as the first. It was still good though.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Saw it yesterday, thoroughly entertaining.
The scene where he says he was out hurling all the world's gluten out into space "where it could never, not hurt us again" was only in a preview and not in the movie was my only disappointment.

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well, we're back. I found it to be funny, but drug along in some places. The TWO easter eggs were the best. The "cleaning up the timeline" bit was hilarious, and IMO much needed.

I'd say it is on par with the first, as the first one drug in places as well.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Have you seen Green Lantern? It was pretty bad.

Common' Blake Lively Wink

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
There's nothing common about Blake Lively. However, her presence in the film did not distract me from the fact that it's a bad movie.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Saw it. Liked it a lot. I didn't see it in a theater with a crowd, though. I feel like I missed out on many laughs that are generated by a large crowd. My favorite lines involved jabs at the DC Universe. I laughed longest at (paraphrasing) "You're so dark! Are you from the DC Universe?"

I'm a big fan of Shatterstar so I was hoping to see something interesting out of him. I was sorely disappointed. Loved the cameo by the X-Men.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Saw it yesterday and I'm in the "it was great but not as great as the original" crowd.

When he did the scissors sexy sign the theater erupted.

There were a lot of name drops and one liners. And next time you watch it pay attention to the music, one songs lyrics were "holy shit balls" over and over but you could hardly hear it.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4790 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I'd call it a strong second act.

Chuckled at Brad Pitt, and was a little surprised that Stan Lee didn't make his typical live cameo.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelsig229:
Saw it yesterday and I'm in the "it was great but not as great as the original" crowd.

When he did the scissors sexy sign the theater erupted.

There were a lot of name drops and one liners. And next time you watch it pay attention to the music, one songs lyrics were "holy shit balls" over and over but you could hardly hear it.

The chanting! I leaned over and pointed that out to the wife. It was cracking me up.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelsig229:
And next time you watch it pay attention to the music, one songs lyrics were "holy shit balls" over and over but you could hardly hear it.

It's the same song that played at the end of the credits. I guess you could call it "Juggernaut's Theme?" Actually, just read that the title is "You Can't Stop This Motherfucker"

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Saw it Tuesday...enjoyed it more than the first, and I really liked the first.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
I saw it yesterday and loved it. I think in many ways it surpassed the first one.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Today i learned a new term, “fridging”. No, it’s not a sex move (regrettably), it’s a term used by social justice do-gooders to describe when a female character is killed off, with the sole purpose of giving the male character a reason to avenge her.

I think I have hit the wall. Folks are literally making shit up to be outraged about now. When the director said he’d never heard of the term, it we suggested he was not enlightened.

Kill me now. I think I’m ready.

https://www.slashfilm.com/deadpool-2-death/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back and it started a bit wobbly but built to a really good flick. Especially for a sequel I'd say it did well.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
The super-extended-mega-director"s cut is now available; worth it. Hilarious.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Today i learned a new term, “fridging”. No, it’s not a sex move (regrettably), it’s a term used by social justice do-gooders to describe when a female character is killed off, with the sole purpose of giving the male character a reason to avenge her.

I think I have hit the wall. Folks are literally making shit up to be outraged about now. When the director said he’d never heard of the term, it we suggested he was not enlightened.

Kill me now. I think I’m ready.

https://www.slashfilm.com/deadpool-2-death/

Don't wish for your death. Wish for the death of the morons who live by such silly terms.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
B movie. Thankfully I waited for Netflix to get it. Reynolds’ campy jokes are boring, tiresome, and just not funny.

spoiler: Wade’s sadistic girlfriend gets killed due to a revenge hit by some Russian gangster he attempted to kill. Same time some fat Kiwi kid that shoots fire out his fat hands is in trouble, and DP comes to the rescue to save him. All while a Terminator/Back to the Future element enters in the form of a hybrid solider from the future to kill the same fat kid who I guess grows up to kill his family in the future. Throw in some lesbians, an antifa luck character, a bunch of piss poor “adult” jokes, then the Terminator teams up with Wade to try and save the kid from killing his pedophile “professor.” Add in some 80’s music, especially Aha, some future/time line crap/time traveler, the end. Reynolds’s wisecracks are worse than the original.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post