SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Joe Versus the Volcano
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Versus the Volcano Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I love this silly film. Written and directed by John Patrick Shanley, who wrote Moonstruck. I'm not even going to try to describe Joe Versus the Volcano. I'll just say that it's a fantasy and you just have to enjoy the ride.

One of my favorite film characters of all time has less than two minutes of screen time in the film. Barry McGovern as the Luggage Salesman. There's just something delightful about this performance.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
"I know he can get the job, but can he DO the job?" Big Grin

Yes! My favorite Tom Hanks - Meg Ryan movie... (Maybe that's not saying much.) My favorite Meg Ryan performance(s?) - maybe that says a little more. This film rocks!

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
No matter where we go, we're bringing this luggage with us.

Brain cloud! I knew it. Well, I didn't - I didn't know it, but - I knew it.

H&K-Guy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H&K-Guy,

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Let not forget, Meg Ryan in three completely different looks......well the last one was her usual look.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Haven’t seen it in years, but it is hilarious. It follows the same crazy style as The Money Pit, The Burbs, and Bachelor Party. Hanks has done many really good dramas, but my favorites will always be his early comedies.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Notice that when he's cleaning out his desk after quitting his job, he mentions three books: Robinson Crusoe, Romeo & Juliet, and The Odyssey. So, an epic adventure, a love story, and an island, and that's the movie.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
So glad to see others with appreciation for this oft overlooked gem. It's one of my favorites.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I liked Abe Vigoda. Did he model his character on Chief Silly Bull from Little Rita or Cocoa/Girolamo from Buddy Goes West?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
When joe scrapes the dandruff off dan hadayas shoulder I laugh my ass off. Funny movie.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I am the Tobi. I cannot be the hero. It is my place to hope for my people.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holy cow, I thought I was the only person alive who loves that movie!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
"Home of the Rectal Probe" Great flick.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post