SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    RIP Rutger Hauer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Rutger Hauer Login/Join 
Picture of iron chef
posted
Rutger Oelsen Hauer, 23 Jan 1944 - 19 July 2019

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-49098435

Frown

"Time to die..."

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Just heard about it on the radio. It’s a shame. I really enjoyed his work.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
My wife is bummed. He was one of her favorites.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Hauer. Frown

Posts: 15023 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed watching him.
Even the shitty roles in b-movies.

He put the Netherlands on the Holyweird big screen, along with Paul Verhoeven and another actor I just never learned his name.

I still wear the BR tee with him holding the white dove.

RIP Rutger.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow.. Sorry to hear this.

I really enjoyed almost all of his movies:
But these are my favorites:

Nighthawks
Split Second
Surviving the Game

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize his body of work was as vast as it was. Most people remember him as Roy Batty in Blade Runner.

But my favorite role, and a movie I watch every time it comes on cable, was as Nick Parker in "Blind Fury."

Second to that was as the bewtiched knight Navarre in Ladyhawke (along with Matthew Broderick and Michelle Pfeiffer).

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I liked him as Wulfgar in Nighthawks.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I liked him as Wulfgar in Nighthawks.

RIP. Did not realize he was 75.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
sorry to hear,

may he RIP

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. RIP Rutger.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I first saw Rutger in LadyHawke (worst movie soundtrack) and I just loved it. Later, of course Bladerunner, and then Wanted: Dead or Alive.
I know Ladyhawke came after Bladerunner but That is the order I saw them in.

RIP Rutger.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
....and I'm gonna do the same to you.

RIP sir. Frown

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed his work - a shame

RIP

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
RiP Rutger

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Damn. Rest In Peace Wulfgar.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember him from Wanted Dead or Alive where he plays the great grand son of Josh Randall the bounty hunter played by Steve McQueen and in Blind Fury. R.I.P.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else seen The Blood of Heroes?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I didn't realize his body of work was as vast as it was. Most people remember him as Roy Batty in Blade Runner.

But my favorite role, and a movie I watch every time it comes on cable, was as Nick Parker in "Blind Fury."

Second to that was as the bewtiched knight Navarre in Ladyhawke (along with Matthew Broderick and Michelle Pfeiffer).

Damn, my favorites too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP Rutger Hauer.

"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those... moments will be lost... in time... like... tears... in rain.
Time... to die."

Rutger Hauer took a basically one dimensional character, made him into a sympathetic character, with lines that still echo today.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuglespritz
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed him in Wanted Dead or Alive. He was a great actor. RIP.

Posts: 754 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post