SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    American Assassin
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Assassin Login/Join 
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted
In theaters this September.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Tell me more. Why does this name sound familiar? This isn't Mitch Rapp is it?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
It is Mitch Rapp

Bonus, Bruce Willis is stan Hurley

Aaaand they have a young black woman playing Irene Kennedy

Ain't political correctness grand?

quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
Tell me more. Why does this name sound familiar? This isn't Mitch Rapp is it?

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Is it typical Hollyweird PC-itis? I always had the impression from the books that Irene was black. Or maybe I was just projecting Condi onto her.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
It is Mitch Rapp

IMDB has Michael Keaton as Stan Hurley (Willis would be better).

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
They wanted Willis, but I believe he turned down the role, so it went to Keaton.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Just read the book for a second time this weekend. Quick, but fun read. Skeptical about a movie...

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sorry, what's this film about and when was the project announced?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Yep, that's my bad..

As for Kennedy, I always thought she was a blond woman

Para, to answer your question it is the first film about the character Mitch Rapp based on the character from a series of books written by the late Vince Flynn

The project was announced a while ago, and had several names attached to it (including Bruce Willis as my above error shows). The release date and movie poster was just released recently.

Of note, American Assassin was actually one of the last books Flynn wrote before his untimely death in his 40s from cancer, but the book was essentially an origin story for the Rapp

quote:
Originally posted by JimmyRayBob:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
It is Mitch Rapp

IMDB has Michael Keaton as Stan Hurley (Willis would be better).

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I'm currently watching this and I can't believe how terrible this is.

Holy shit.

EDIT - Yeah okay I can't even watch this.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I'm currently watching this and I can't believe how terrible this is.

Holy shit.

EDIT - Yeah okay I can't even watch this.

Amen. Vince would have NEVER allowed his characters to be used in this movie based upon that screenplay. Idea for a sequel, lose everyone but Keaton and make the first movie a nightmare of Stan's!

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I turned it off when John Carter started running around killing policemen with headshots, after he parked his ultra clandestine plutonium deal van in the middle of a Catholic parade route.

Don't drop that weapons grade plutonium or it'll ignite with fire and radiation!!

I couldn't justify the time and attention.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Funny I just watched it...

I didn't read the book, so I thought it was ok.

From what I have read the books are better.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
And I just watched it tonight and figured I'd do a search....

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I saw the thread and went, “Huh I wonder if it’s any good.” not realizing it came out a while ago.

Apparently historical me already posted in this thread and warned future me that it’s a turd.

What a weird feeling. I’m grateful though. Big Grin

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Hmm. Never read the books. Enjoyed the movie well enough.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I liked it. There's also a discussion about The Tomorrow War, which I also liked despite lots of inconsistencies. If it keeps me entertained, I'm good.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Missed this thread 4 years ago. If I wasn't such a fan of Flynn and had read all his books I might've liked it more. But just like Without Remorse (which I first saw had been optioned like a decade or more ago...) it is trash.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a pretty decent action flic. I read all his books, they got worse once he passed on. I enjoyed the movie well enough.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:
I thought it was a pretty decent action flic. I read all his books, they got worse once he passed on. I enjoyed the movie well enough.

I did not see the movie, but I've read all of the Vince Flynn books and some by the replacement author(s). I stopped buying them when Mitch Rapp had learned to fly their bizjet. That was just too much.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post